Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

First Wedding Anniversary

(16 Posts)
somethingkindaoooh Thu 25-Aug-11 12:57:10

Just wondering what you peeps bought your DH's for your first wedding anniversary? Supposed be paper I think....but Im sturggling for ideas and dont want to buy just any old tat that will just get dumped in a drawer somewhere!!

Any ideas would really help...my husband is really into cooking and food if this helps...he has already arranged a nice meal for us grin so cant use that easy option!!

Secondtimelucky Thu 25-Aug-11 12:58:50

A cookery book?

Sorry, I'm a bit useless. We've never done anniversaries. This year both of us bought but failed to write even our cards.

BikeRunSki Thu 25-Aug-11 12:59:57

I got my DH a magazine subscription for our 1st wedding anniversary.

pictish Thu 25-Aug-11 13:01:01

Write him a love letter?

worldgonecrazy Thu 25-Aug-11 13:04:26

Confession - we both forgot it was our first anniversary until my parents gave us a card.

We did have a lovely present from a friend, an origami flower, thoughtful and beautiful.

perfumedlife Thu 25-Aug-11 13:13:56

You could take a look at ros-shiers.com She is a printmaker and will include the names and date of your wedding. Only cost about £20 or so. I got one for mothers day and my mum was thrilled with it. They were featured in Elle Docor magazine, very striking.

afishcalledmummy Thu 25-Aug-11 13:16:37

A commemorative newspaper from your wedding day in a lovely binder?

I got a poster sized print of one of the artier shots from our wedding - it now hangs in our hallway.

Ferino Thu 25-Aug-11 13:32:09

I got him tickets to a comedy gig.

Sn0wGoose Thu 25-Aug-11 15:25:11

We just had wine & a takeaway I think, and exchanged cards! But then we've always been a bit casual about anniversaries as we'd been together for 7 years already by the time we got wed, so celebrating a 1-year anniversary felt a bit silly tbh lol

twinmummy24 Thu 25-Aug-11 15:55:16

we got each other cinema tickets and went out for the night, lovely film and meal out, perfect way for us to celebrate.

delilahbelle Thu 25-Aug-11 17:11:36

I got my DH a beautiful glass paper-weight and a book.
He paid for the anniversary hotel/meal.

ChunkyMonkeyMother Thu 25-Aug-11 18:04:34

We were pretty skint at the time so I gave him a pair of tickets to the cinema too! We also went to nandos after where we both signed a menu and framed it back home! Luckily we had a deal with the place we got married in so we returned there for a beautiful night in the bridal suite with breakfast included and a photograph infront of the hotel - It was fantastic, we spent the day there swimming and swanning about and watching another wedding take place...

RueyBoey Fri 26-Aug-11 00:29:13

Ummm nothing. He's getting a DC, that is plenty wink

somethingkindaoooh Fri 26-Aug-11 15:04:22

* RueyBoey* that made me giggle...am 31wks myself so would love to use that line on him!!! wink

Thanks for all your suggestions. I LOVE the Ros Shiers prints...not sure they are really DHs cup of tea tho...feel like i would be getting for myself really!!!

I brought the subject of pressies up with DH last night and turns out he is not really bothered about us sticking to the whole 'paper' anniversary thing anyway...so as DH lost his wedding ring while we were on our honeymoon think I am gonna get him a new one...do u think this seems like a bit of a easy option tho?! Like it's something I should replace for him anyway without it being our anniversary?!? (haven't really been able to afford a replacement till now). What are peoples thoughts?!?

tah2 Fri 26-Aug-11 15:13:56

My Dh is never really bothered by anniversaries and i always end up worrying about making it special. For our first anniversary I bought him a years subscription of his favourite magazine. I didnt want to buy anything that he wouldnt use, plus it saved me from going out each month to pick it up for him. wink

I do like the idea of a wedding ring - i love seeing my husband with his on, so would miss it if he lost it.

roses2 Fri 26-Aug-11 15:23:13

I agree with dinner and a movie

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now