Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Advice please

(8 Posts)
woowoo2 Wed 24-Aug-11 10:39:37

Namechanged for this

Last night P and I were out in the car with my ds and his dd He nipped out of the car and whilst gone his dd says she doesn’t want to stay at our house anymore (she does this often) Anyway P lost it with her and was really yelling at her in the car. Next thing is he turns to me, still yelling and is now having a rant about there being something on the iron that had ruined his jumper earlier on in the day.

I turned back and simply said, ok dont have a go at me

Cue HUGE eruption, him ranting in my face, me not really knowing what has just happened and the next thing he says to me ‘have you taken your tablet today love’ (bi-polar) in a very vicious tone

So I lost it, threw the tea tin on the floor in a temper and turned my back. The next thing there was an almighty blow to the back of my head. I still have a huge lump. I am still getting shit off P and he is saying its all my fault.

I don;t know why I am posting here really. I know I am not in the wrong. We are going on holiday tomorrow. I don’t know what to do

ItsMeAndMyPuppyNow Wed 24-Aug-11 10:42:03

You call Woman's Aid and tell them exactly what you said here.

GypsyMoth Wed 24-Aug-11 10:43:49

er wouldn't be going in that holiday with him

Call women's aid. Where do you live? His place or yours?

GypsyMoth Wed 24-Aug-11 10:44:07


fuzzywuzzy Wed 24-Aug-11 10:57:34

Go to the GP at least so your injuries are recorded officially.

And no I would not be going on holiday with this person either.

seriouslynow Wed 24-Aug-11 11:09:02

Do some and ideally all of these, without him knowing -obviously.

1) take a photo, if poss, of the lump and maybe log the incident with police.
2) call WA and tell them what you told us.
3) get his dd back to her mum...if that's where she lives? (Not surprising she doesn't want to stay at yours anymore if her father is so frightening, aggressive, and even violent)
4) collect all your valuable documents (for you and ds) jewellery, phone charger, spare keys, medicines, bank cards etc....
5) move out to a shelter or to a friend.
6) holiday is irrelevant.

Of course you are not in the wrong. Be prepared to dial 999 if he comes anywhere near you in the next few hours. If he hit someone over the head, from behind, in a public place, he would be in jail overnight. There's no difference if you're partners/married/whatever.

woowoo2 Wed 24-Aug-11 11:22:08


I am considering going on the holiday with just my ds as we are going to see my dad

He lives at my place though - I am scared of leaving him in my home

fuzzywuzzy Wed 24-Aug-11 12:10:02

If it's your house, get him out of there, change the locks, go to the police and get him out.

Go to the police report the assault, when I did this the police put ex on bail, conditions being he stay away from me and my property for (I think three months), which gave me a chance to get rid of him permanently from our lives.

There is help out there, ring womens aid.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: