Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

flashbacks

(4 Posts)
hariboegg Mon 22-Aug-11 08:13:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lifechanger Mon 22-Aug-11 08:24:32

Give it time, and talk it through with nm - this will be a good test as to how empathic and kind he is...

SirSugar Mon 22-Aug-11 10:08:40

Probably natural. I occasionally get the same sort of thing with DP, except that H died (abusive man).

I sometimes think I'm on holiday from H and he will be back then realise I'm 'on holiday' forever. its a bit weird but I think its probably normal.

I wouldn't want H back, but having spent 15 years with him and 2 DCs I think the massive life change since hes gone plays tricks on my mind with me thinking I'm still in my old life IYSWIM

SirSugar Mon 22-Aug-11 10:15:36

This is difficult to explain, but even though I would never wish to go back to my life with H, I sometimes think I wish it could still be the same. I hated it so I don't quite know why I think like this and I am very content with my new life.

I think it may have something to do with adjusting to a new lifestyle when there has been a massive upheaval and even if your previous lifestyle was difficult at least you knew what to expect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now