Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Finally given up on them

(1 Post)
dejavuaswell Sun 21-Aug-11 10:43:20

"Them" being an organisation with professional and amateur members. I'm tired of being treated like something they just trod in by the committee. When they got themselves into a mess I helped them out for 18 bloody hard months but I didn't ever get a thank you when I stopped. They love to boast about the discoveries being made by members but when I made a couple I stupidly told a committee member and the recognition (and minor fame) was stolen from me by this professional member. Ignored by him I contacted his university dept head and was ignored again.

I didn't learn my lesson. Two of us organised the annual conference and we spent months doing it. Did all our work get a mention in the Chair's speech or even a place on the top table for the Conference Dinner. No and no.

The bastards sucked me dry and so they can muck off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now