Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Is it worth doing the freedom programme- anyone done it?

(4 Posts)
toptramp Fri 19-Aug-11 22:44:28

Did it help you? I have had some abusive relationships in my past and would like to make better choices in the future. Is it worth doing the freedom prgramme. I am currently single but wanting to sort myself out before getting back on the dating scene with hopefully my twat radar fully restored!

RushyBay Fri 19-Aug-11 22:53:50

I would definitely recommend it. I did the training to deliver the Freedom Programme, which basically involves doing a condensed version of the course, through my job.

Although I've never experienced serious abuse in a relationship, doing the course definitely made some of my previous relationships make a lot more sense! I think some version of it should be available in schools!

Re- 'twat radar' - There's a whole module of the the programme devoted to that exact topic wink

toptramp Sat 20-Aug-11 07:31:56

Hi Rushyee I definately agree that it should be available to schools. I met my abuser when I was 16. I was doing my a-levels and doing well whilst all the while he was undermining me and trying to stop me from going to uni. I did go but he didn't and I ended up droping out due to serious abuse problems. Young people need guidance and they don't always get it from mum and dad. My mum and dad were together and their relationship wasn't abusive but noone ever talked about relationship red flags etc.

springydaffs Sat 20-Aug-11 19:59:40

I would definitely recommend in - in fact do, on countless threads.

It is fantastic, extremely well written and facilitated. What a wonderful idea to have a version of it in schools. I'd vote for that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now