Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

My friend is leaving her partner, needs advice

(4 Posts)
DianaDors Wed 17-Aug-11 14:20:47

I have this friend (yes, sure we've heard that before, but its not me) who has ended her relationship with her partner of 14 years and they have two children together. They also own a house which they are currently trying to sell. Her ex is being difficult and starting to take out unsecured loans x3 amounting to10 grand ,he has also been suspended from his job and might lose it , can the creditors take the house if it is in both names? he refuses to leave the property and they sleep in separate rooms . she is desperately trying to sell but no interest as yet,getting desperate now.any advice?

MadamDeathstare Wed 17-Aug-11 14:22:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DianaDors Wed 17-Aug-11 14:23:45

thanks, thats a great idea!

Grevling Wed 17-Aug-11 15:02:47

Unsecured is that. Not secured on the house. Mortgages are secured on the house though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now