Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

First 'date' in 10 years ~ please tell me what to wear!

(8 Posts)
waitingfornaru Mon 15-Aug-11 15:29:25

Have not dated in around 10 years. I'm 42, size 12 top, 14 bottoms, very tall. Brunette. Per-leaze help me choose outfit for a night at the pictures with a man for whom I have burgeoning feelings of romance but have yet to learn if the chemistry exists from his side.

I want to be casual, but may have to show just a little hint of curvature as he's only seen me dressed either very scruffily or very formally for a function before now.

Jeans just do not suit me at all and I'm too tall for heels. A dress would feel too dressy. Arrgghhhhh!

Mumofjz Mon 15-Aug-11 15:47:31

Me again grin

Your the same size as me but i'm short sad

How about leggings? Black Pants? with a long line top (mid thigh with leggings) ballet pumps/sandals kinda thing?

coccyx Mon 15-Aug-11 15:49:03

No idea what you should wear, but have fun.

Mumofjz Mon 15-Aug-11 15:55:38

http://www.next.co.uk/x4872s4

something along these lines? they've got jeans but you could use leggings - have a look on the next website - i personally don't think you can go wrong with Next - plus it'll give you some idea's and it's not aimed at the "younger" ones wink

MrsHicks Mon 15-Aug-11 16:14:39

Don't think a dress will necessarily be too dressy if it's not a smart fabric. Wrap dresses are very flattering and can be dressed down.

ImperialBlether Mon 15-Aug-11 20:41:28

What sort of clothes do you like on other people, OP? You sound as though you've got a lovely figure, being that size at that height.

I think a dress might be too much for the cinema. Do you like wearing trousers or skirts?

RumourOfAHurricane Mon 15-Aug-11 20:47:54

Message withdrawn

greeneyes747 Tue 16-Aug-11 00:40:05

I'm a big fan of jeans - dressed up with a shirt, open quite far down but with a vest top underneath (so you can show off a little but not too obvious) and some heels.
You have to feel comfortable though. Don't pick a style you don't usually wear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now