Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Really Painful Sex - what would cause this?

(14 Posts)
EternalPie Sun 14-Aug-11 14:49:52

Sex has become quite painful for me. At one point last night I actually called out in pain (which was embarrassing!). The pain seems to come from my cervix area and last night it was particulary bad and I had to keep stopping and telling him not to go too deep which isn't usally an issue. I've been fine before so I know it's not "Him" or his willy IYSWIM!

I am having a scan on my ovaries soon due to pain in that area at other times, could the two be connected?

lubeybooby Sun 14-Aug-11 14:51:07

could just be where you are in your cycle, sometimes the cervix is naturally lower. Aside from that I don't know though

EternalPie Sun 14-Aug-11 14:52:58

I have just finished a period (well not quite finished even) so it could be that maybe?

AnyFucker Sun 14-Aug-11 15:10:06

endometriosis ?

EternalPie Sun 14-Aug-11 15:15:27

Just looked that up AF and have a fair few of the other symptoms too including the rectal pain, constipation, headaches, fatigue and pain in pelvic region. Am looking forward to this ultrasound scan so I can finally find out what is up.

LittleHousebytheRiver Sun 14-Aug-11 15:16:00

Irritable Bowel Syndrome?

Infection?

ledkr Sun 14-Aug-11 15:17:01

ovarian cyst maybe? When is your scan?

EternalPie Sun 14-Aug-11 15:19:11

The doctor hinted towards ovarian cysts when he checked me over. The scan is on the first september.

Thing is it could also be IBS as (sorry, tmi) sometimes I can go a whole week without going to the bog sad

AnyFucker Sun 14-Aug-11 15:21:21

Hope you get it sorted x

Until then, it may be an idea to limit the deep penetration and have your fun in other ways smile

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 14-Aug-11 15:33:34

Deep pain during sex is very suggestive of endometriosis.

With reference also to your reply to AF, I would have to tell you as well that endo is NOT detected on any internal ultrasound scan as the endo deposits are so small. Endo is usually only diagnosed through a keyhole surgery op called a laparoscopy. Endo too can cause havoc with the bowels; the deposits can also go onto the intestines.

I would be seeking a referral to a gynae as a matter of course.

rookiemater Sun 14-Aug-11 15:42:23

Agree with Attila, it sounds like it could be endo. I found sex with DH was painful when he penetrated deeply before I was diagnosed. If you find it tricky to get a referral then if you pay for a private initial consultation ( usually around £100) then that will get you on the list quickly for laparoscopy.

ohgawdherewegoagain Sun 14-Aug-11 17:00:58

And fibroids also - I had pain and my diagnosis was large fibroids.

sidorek Sun 14-Aug-11 18:34:58

if no organic causes are found, read about the vaginismus

JsOtherHalf Sun 14-Aug-11 18:56:17

My PCOS,endometriosis and fibroid were only diagnosed by a lap and dye. No ultrasound scans (even a Hycosy) picked them up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now