Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

trouble at home

(9 Posts)
holidayblues Sat 13-Aug-11 10:22:50

we have had a couple of letters about ds, his involvement in rowdy parties when alcohol was thrown away, and another when the people he were with had alcohol.
ok so we grounded him for a week.
said no alcohol, that goes without saying, but does he listen.
we dont drink at home.
dh has a problem with drink.
i relented and let him out last night, i know i am crap and dh isnt talking to me now.
in fact dh has been bad tempered for ages.
he is unemployed, doesnt seem to be lookign for work and has been sober for about 6 weeks after a month binge. so i am always on the look out for signs

so much on mmy chest i wanted to get it out. i dont know whre

holidayblues Sat 13-Aug-11 10:23:38

i typed this out twice, the letters, for thsoe who are not mindreaders, are from the police,

FabbyChic Sat 13-Aug-11 10:29:47

How old is he? Are you giving him money?

If he is over 18 he has to take responsibility for himself and you should be encouraging him to find work and not enabling him by allowing him to stay in bed late or live at home for free.

ImperialBlether Sat 13-Aug-11 10:30:34

How old is your son?

It must be a terrible worry for you, having your DS get into trouble like that, particularly given the situation with his dad.

On the one hand, it could be normal teenage behaviour, but on the other he could be going down the same road as his dad.

Without knowing his age and where he gets his money from, it's difficult to give advice. Can you tell us a little more?

Fuzzywuzzywozabear Sat 13-Aug-11 10:30:46

how old is your DS holidayblues?

holidayblues Sat 13-Aug-11 10:35:59

sorry ds is 16.
dh is the unemployed one sad

holidayblues Sat 13-Aug-11 10:37:31

i feel it is sort of normal teenage behaviour but the letters from the police are a bit of a shock and a worry.

holidayblues Sat 13-Aug-11 10:43:44

so basically troubles are threefold.

dh - not working

ds - trouble with police

dh - worried about dirnking relapse.

i have to go off line now. but would appreciate any words

lazarusb Sat 13-Aug-11 13:44:59

Can you speak to your GP and arrange some counselling/practical support for your ds? If he is at school what can they do help him?

My son went through similar at 16/17 although his problems involved drugs as well...I know it's hellish. Try and amass as much support as possible. Is there a family member or friend who he would talk to?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now