Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Are all men pathetic or just the ones I attract?

(17 Posts)
MilkandWine Thu 11-Aug-11 17:10:51

Bit of a ranty, self-pitying post so please bare with me.

I've recently moved to London from NE after end of a 4 year relationship. I really want to make the most of London, go out, meet new people and so on. I'm a bit of a party girl given the chance truth be told.

Anyway I had arranged to meet up Saturday before last with a guy I vaguely knew years ago at Uni. Just for a drink nothing more. Well I ended up having the best time I've had in ages and didn't get in until 3am (out from 7pm) He came back to mine and stayed (we kissed but nothing else). He was full of 'Your so lovely' blah, blah, blah and was really wearing his heart on his sleeve. Against my better judgement considering my heart is battered to bits I've found myself really liking him. He is so much my type it's scary, we have ridiculous amounts in common. He kept going on about how much he wanted to see me again. We were both busy during week though and I went home last weekend. He said he really wanted to see me when I got back and that he hoped I wanted to see him as well. I got back late Monday and he was texting me on the Tuesday saying he hoped we could meet up asap. I told him to let me know when he was free (he's a runner and runs nearly every night during week for ridiculous amounts of time). He said that he would let me know, so basically the ball is in his court.

Thus far I've heard bugger all back from him and I would like to know if I'm being unreasonable in being a bit pissed off/disappointed?. I genuinely didn't even go out with him in first place intending for anything to happen. The fact that he's made me really like him and now isn't exactly rushing to arrange to see me again is really annoying. I know it's only Thursday but it's such bad manners imo! Especially when he was making it clear he really liked me on the night (or was pretending to anyway) I know my own worth and there's no way I'm getting back in touch with him first, but for gods sake, why are men so useless and spineless? Just really disappointed, all my instincts always scream at me not to trust anyone if I think I might like them because it just sets you up to be let down, and it looks like they are right again.

buzzsore Thu 11-Aug-11 17:17:27

I think you made yourself a bit too available by saying 'let me know when you're free' - sounds like you'll just be in waiting for his call, like you've nothing else in your life, like you're at his disposal.

I do think you should cool your jets about men - you're just out of a relationship - just have fun and don't focus on anyone for a bit.

JeremyVile Thu 11-Aug-11 17:19:25

You are so over reacting.

Two days, maybe one and a half, you haven't heard from him and he's useless and spineless?

kenobi Thu 11-Aug-11 17:21:00

So you last heard from him 2 days ago? Not so very bad really. Bet you hear from him tonight.

I agree with PP though - post relationship you need to take it slooooow with the next one, no matter how much you think you like him. And your heart might be lying by the way, post break-up it's hard to see clearly.

babycham42 Thu 11-Aug-11 17:21:21

Give him a chance!

MrGin Thu 11-Aug-11 17:21:58

thread title is a little offensive if you don't mind me saying so.

MilkandWine Thu 11-Aug-11 17:22:00

I know Buzzsore, that's what I thought as soon as I said it! Worse thing is it's not even true, I'm busier more nights than I'm free!

I totally intended to just have fun, I didn't think I would like him as much as I do. I'm just going to try and stop dwelling on it and get on with things. I just don't understand what the rules of it are any more, why can't people just be nice?

MilkandWine Thu 11-Aug-11 17:23:55

I know MrGin, I apologise, I don't really think all men are pathetic at all. I'm just in a bad mood today.

Also I've double posted and I totally didn't mean to, anyone know how I can delete the other post?

buzzsore Thu 11-Aug-11 17:26:11

I think you can report it to MNHQ and they'll delete it for you. I don't know if there's any other means.

overmydeadbody Thu 11-Aug-11 17:27:33

I know you're just ranting but your title is quite offensive. Most men aren't pathetic.

You're over-reacting though, give the guy a chance. It's been two days since his last text.

The thing you need to do is not tihnk about it, and certainly not tihnk about him. You have spent one night with him and suddenly you really like him, have so much in common it's scary and are reading too much into his communication, or lack of.

Chill out, back off, and don't go fantasising too much about him. I know he's an old uni friend but take it slow, get to know him, but don't rush into anything with him, or any other man.

overmydeadbody Thu 11-Aug-11 17:28:19

and you're allowed to be in a bad mood today grin

MilkandWine Thu 11-Aug-11 17:31:23

overmydeadbody You are totally right and I need to get a grip. I'm going to hide this thread as I don't want to upset anybody with the title.

MrGin Thu 11-Aug-11 17:34:34

I was only mildly offended....... grin

overmydeadbody Thu 11-Aug-11 17:35:44

Aw don't worry about hiding it, it's obvious to anyone when they read your post that you don't mean it!

oleblueeyes Thu 11-Aug-11 17:45:03

Bet you'd find him irritating and clingy if he was texting you every 5 minutes.

ameliagrey Thu 11-Aug-11 18:30:10

you've posted the same question twice!

see my post above.

ameliagrey Thu 11-Aug-11 18:31:50

I wasn't sure if you meant you had last heard from him Tuesday of THIS week, or Tuesday last week, as your post seems to say that you saw him the weekend before last- meaning he has now had about 9 days to get in touch?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now