Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Watching Coronation Street makes me wonder if my mother is watching it.

(5 Posts)
TheOriginalFAB Mon 08-Aug-11 20:56:07

Which is annoying as I don't want to think about her.

It is the scenes with Leanne and her mother. Can't think of her name but the actress from EastEnders plays her.

Poogles Tue 09-Aug-11 12:31:29

I know what you mean! Not seen my mother since I was 11. I was thinking last night that I hope my mother doesn't watch it & think she can get in contact and all will be well because it bloody well won't be! Stirred up some memories I had hoped to keep in the drawr at the back of my mind.

Maybe we should set up a 'Mother keep Away' club!

TheOriginalFAB Tue 09-Aug-11 12:57:39

Fantastic idea!

I have sent mine a strongly worded letter and had a solicitor involved so hopefully she will get the message though it is too late really since MIL betrayed me angry.

Poogles Tue 09-Aug-11 15:31:11

My mother has not bothered with me in 25 years so I can hopefully save on solicitors fees grin although she did phone my brother about 3 years ago and told him that she had been keeping in touch with me all this time and I had made her promise not to tell confused.

Old bitch hasn't changed since I was 11 so really hoping this doesn't storyline doesn't give her a warped idea. Still nervous (although have moved to a different part of the UK & use married surname so not so easy to trace!!)

TheOriginalFAB Tue 09-Aug-11 15:40:45

I am easy to find since everyone decided to side with her and ignore my wishes. angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now