Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Constant visits, phone calls from mother

(4 Posts)
lovesmybed Sat 06-Aug-11 16:57:54

Me and my mum have always been close but just recently she is driving me crazy. She is on her own and I appreciate she gets lonely we used to talk once everynight on the phone and see each other every other day. Now she rings up to 3 to four times a day, comes to the house once or even twice a day.
I know I sound really horrible but she is doing my head in. I feel I can't have any independent life because she is always there. If I have friends round or am on my own it makes no difference. She has just been here for the afternoon sat on the couch for three hours and then she is going to pop back tonight. arggghhhhh!!!!! help me please mums netters. How can I get her to pull back a little bit without hurting her feelings. Am I being mean?

Katisha Sat 06-Aug-11 17:00:45

When did it start to get this bad?
Did anything in particular trigger it do you think?
And how would she react if you said look Mum, much as I love you, its getting a bit much for me with you round so much - I need some time on my own, and to be able to see my friends on my own.
Would she get the hump/be upset? She might just need it pointing out in a gentle way.

lovesmybed Sat 06-Aug-11 17:09:21

she has been worse since me and my husband split up. Don't know how she would react if I said that she might get hurt could do with a very broad hint just not sure what to say!!

Katisha Sat 06-Aug-11 17:22:28

Hmm.
Perhaps you could start saying "I've got so and so coming round later so I'll see you tomorrow" type of things?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now