Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

"Your mum's fat and poor"

(17 Posts)
Venacava Sat 06-Aug-11 13:35:53

Said to me by my 'd'p just now. I had commented that he was behaving like his dad today- his dad is notoriously grumpy and bad tempered and this was the response I got.

In a weeks time we are going on a holiday with my parents. They have arranged their holiday around his 2 weeks off from studying (and so incurring summer holiday rates) and are paying for me and him to go with them. Costing them at least £600+ each. My parents are not rolling in it but they are good people, have worked hard to pay off their mortgage.

He obviously thinks his parents are somehow better- living in a moderate house in cornwall that is falling apart and they are struggling to pay the mortgage on.

It has just really hit a nerve. After all my parents have done for him and this is what he thinks of them.

EndInTearrs Sat 06-Aug-11 13:38:05

fat and poor? sounds like something a 5 year old would say

springydaffs Sat 06-Aug-11 13:38:32

What an ungrateful shit angry

Imo, what he thinks of them is of little consequence.

Have you told him he's a big fat baby?

RandomMess Sat 06-Aug-11 13:39:45

In fairness you did criticise his dad first...............and then he's retaliated like a 5 year old.

GypsyMoth Sat 06-Aug-11 13:40:07

Is that the first time?

electra Sat 06-Aug-11 13:40:07

Did he really say those words? How horrible. It sounds like it was in the context of an existing argument though so maybe he doesn't mean it. You should both respect each others parents and not bad mouth any of them unless they have done something really awful to aggrieve you.

nenevomito Sat 06-Aug-11 13:40:07

So you insulted him and his dad and in return he insulted your mum.

You sound as bad as each other.

schobe Sat 06-Aug-11 13:40:29

See if they can get a refund for his part of the hols and perhaps he could go down to Cornwall instead. And stay there.

Or wait until you're all on the holiday and say to your mum in front of everyone "you'll never guess what <wanker's name> said about you the other day"...

TanyaBranning Sat 06-Aug-11 13:42:48

You shouldn't have criticised his dad.

However, his comments are pathetic and nasty. How old is he? Your parents are paying for his holiday and he is calling them 'poor'? He sounds like a piss taking, immature twat.

Tortington Sat 06-Aug-11 13:48:26

'she can lose weight and accumilate wealth, you will always be an ugly cunt'

corlan Sat 06-Aug-11 14:25:52

I really thought this would be a thread about something a kid at school had said!

Eurostar Sat 06-Aug-11 14:28:10

Me too, I was sure it was going to be about someone's DC getting bullied at school, nursery school at that..

bubaluchy Sat 06-Aug-11 14:28:40

That is terrible, if ANYONE said that about either of my darling parents I would be telling them to hit the road, what an ungracious thing to say, if he is like this about them now what will he be like when they become more burdonsome with old age?

bubaluchy Sat 06-Aug-11 14:29:18

CUSTARDO grin

WizardofOs Sat 06-Aug-11 14:37:41

Saying his Dad is grumpy is not the same as saying your mother is fat and poor.

If DH said that about my mother it would very probably be the end - but then I have a massive chip on my shoulder about my background.

When we were still dating he once said 'it is great how far you have come' and I went apeshit! My parents may have been much poorer than his but what I am (supposedly the woman he loves) is a product of them and the love of learning they gave me. I pointed this out..perhaps not in such a calm manner though.

MissyMoo321 Sat 06-Aug-11 15:02:37

I honestly thought I would open the thread and it would be about a child saying it to your child or the like.
What a twat, and they're paying for him to go on holdiay? sad

BluddyMoFo Sat 06-Aug-11 15:07:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now