Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

BEST WAYS TO CHAT UP A MAN

(13 Posts)
Putthatbookdown Mon 01-Aug-11 20:21:55

My friend is after a man she used to work with who recently returned to the area.She sends him emails but he does not know who she is yet. I think she is being too mysterious.

IQuiteLikeVodka Mon 01-Aug-11 20:24:59

Be horrid to him, or at least 'off'

IQuiteLikeVodka Mon 01-Aug-11 20:25:23

gets them every time smile

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow Mon 01-Aug-11 20:49:52

She sends him e-mails anonymously? Why?

Why not just ask him out?

Bohica Mon 01-Aug-11 20:53:09

? How can you flirt with someone when they don't kknow it's you ?

Taghain Mon 01-Aug-11 22:37:28

He probably thinks it's a gay bloke sending him the emails.

If she wants to go out with him, she should ask him out. Just tell him that she's pleased he's back, does he fancy a coffee / meal / drink / blow job?

He'll be interested in at least one of the options.

IvyAndGold Mon 01-Aug-11 22:43:20

LOL @ Taghain grin

You meant the coffee, right?

Adversecamber Mon 01-Aug-11 22:47:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

buzzsore Mon 01-Aug-11 22:49:59

She's being a bit daft, I think. She should say who she is, and if he remembers her, he'll either be interested or not. No point being weird and coy about her identity.

ChizChizChiz Mon 01-Aug-11 22:59:22

Good grief, how old is she? Who sends anonymous emails unless they're 14?

Why can't she just ask him for a drink?

Whatmeworry Mon 01-Aug-11 23:34:42

Well, as DH continuously tells me he's not a bloody mind reader Id think anonymous emails, being disinterested etc won't work Whatever happened to the time honoured principle of being nice to them and flirting then grabbing their cock little touches etc ?

debivamp Mon 01-Aug-11 23:45:11

Men are simple creatures - "fancy a shag" should do it!!! grin

Anniegetyourgun Tue 02-Aug-11 10:05:00

Um, maybe I'm old-fashioned but, doesn't the very phrase "chat up" kind of imply there's an element of, like, talking involved?

I'm not a guy, but can only say that if someone tried to get my attention with anonymous emails I'd feel stalked, and not in a good way. When the person finally made themselves known it would be "so YOU're the weirdo!" followed by sound of feet smartly retreating in the direction of the hills.

TALK to the man fgs! Say hi, smile, that sort of thing. And save the "fancy a shag" for the second date!

OK, maybe I am just weird.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now