Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I have never had a date.....I'm going on one next Saturday!!

(15 Posts)
OneHundredPercentFucked Sun 31-Jul-11 02:36:20

What do I wear? Do? Say?

I really am totally lost and damn nervous!!

moonferret Sun 31-Jul-11 02:56:51

How about just looking smart and being yourself...?

aleene Sun 31-Jul-11 03:33:28

yes, just be comfortable and be yourself. Did he ask you? he must know what you are like and that is what attracted him.

HairyGrotter Sun 31-Jul-11 07:20:44

Where are you going on the date?

I had my first date only this year (tragic lol) and I was terrified, I've since been on 6/7 and much more relaxed.

I find location and activity decides what to wear! Just be yourself, let them do some talking and try and look interested lol

Marshmallowflump Sun 31-Jul-11 07:43:40

Yes be yourself, smart but casual usually does it, he wants to be with you that is all that matters, hope it goes well and the start of many more dates whether it is with him or someone else.

havealittlefaithbaby Sun 31-Jul-11 11:16:54

I'd say smart trousers and a nice top to wear. I would think of some conversation starters/topics to go to in a lull! Not politics or religion but maybe some funny stories from your past? How do you know the 'date'?

flatbellyfella Sun 31-Jul-11 12:00:44

good luck on your date.Be honest and open
otherwise little porkies could come back
and haunt you. Its ok to talk about past
relationships or the lack of them, holidays,Family,
work,interests,things you both like to do or
watch on tv, things you hate would be a
good subject for both of you,clothes you like
to wear what he likes on women,musical
tastes , concerts you have been to.food is
something every one must have an opinion
on. I would say don't pile on the make up
be as natural as possible so he can see the
real you .avoid sex talk ,Be confident,after
all he is the lucky one to be
be able to take YOU out. Have fun:-)

OneHundredPercentFucked Sun 31-Jul-11 14:22:13

We've been chatting on a dating site.

I've only been chatting to two people, the first is really really nice, we've sent over 200 messages, but nothing mentioned about meeting yet.

The one I am going to see Saturday is nice, but, and I hate to say it, nowhere near as 'good' as the first! We've sent around 50 messages.

OneHundredPercentFucked Sun 31-Jul-11 14:22:57

Oh, and I am not too sure where we are going. drinks and a meal probably.

aleene Sun 31-Jul-11 14:50:39

if you like the other one better why don't you suggest meeting him? 200 messages sounds like a pretty good indication you have plenty to talk about.

ImperialBlether Sun 31-Jul-11 16:10:11

What does the one with all the messages think about you seeing the other guy? Does he know? What's his intention in sending all those messages - does he intend to meet up with you?

It wouldn't do any harm for you to say you are seeing that guy. If he says anything, just say, "I thought you weren't interested."

havealittlefaithbaby Sun 31-Jul-11 16:20:54

I met DH on the internet! It was a tad weird first meeting, felt like sitting in front of someone who knew everything about me but we didn't know each others mannerisms! But we'd for really close and from date one it was a relationship smile 18 months later we were married. So trust me, it's worth trying (I met 2 guys on dates before I met DH).

flatbellyfella Sun 31-Jul-11 17:27:17

Do you have to travel far to meet up?

OneHundredPercentFucked Tue 02-Aug-11 13:11:22

No, didn't have to go far, and I say didn't, well ,because he has decided he doesn't want to now. Ho hum.

The one with lots of messages seems to be dwindling too.

Not having much luck really am I.

LeoTheLateBloomer Tue 02-Aug-11 13:29:50

Why don't you look at this one as a rehearsal for your first date with the better one wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now