Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Carrying on. Help.

(4 Posts)
LauLauLemon Sat 30-Jul-11 15:34:35

So DH and I are trying. He's here a lot helping with the DD'sand is helping me a lot too. He says he wants to be here, wants me, still likes who I am etc but his mental problems are blocking the love and helping him hurt me.

He's getting help.

I'm devastated and heartbroken still and although I know if he gets himself sorted we'll be together hom saying he doesn't love me has hit me hard. I'm trying my best but I still find myself breaking down into tears.

Is this normal? Ride it out? Tips on how to cope with two young DD's please!

Newbabynewmum Sat 30-Jul-11 18:15:19

He pushed you across the room didn't he? I'm not being judgemental as I've been in a violent relationship but are you sure you want to be with him? I'm really worried for you in the future that's all x

notsorted Sat 30-Jul-11 19:25:07

Get some help for yourself and DDs too, please. Whatever pans out you are going through as much pain and need as much help as he does and you deserve it.
Talk to your health visitor, the GP and see what help is available. Don't hide anything, and if he is getting help and you share the same GP it would help them to know even if they can't break any confidences.
Keep posting and ask for any help/advice as necessary

Lazydaisy55 Sun 31-Jul-11 02:06:10

It sounds like you are in a very difficult situation. Try and keep a distance from you and H, to allow you to get on with the job of looking after your children.

Maybe some space can enable him and you to realise how you feel about each other. Ideally, if you could get some help with your children it would probably be beneficial.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now