Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

dealing with dh work stress

(3 Posts)
ThatllDoPig Fri 22-Jul-11 12:26:54

Things need to change. My loving, supportive, rational calm man has been replaced by a verbally aggressive wanker. (Only to me, not the dc's) I know it is the stress of work. I have had a last straw and we are going to talk tonight about ways to sort this out. Fed up of hearing sorry, but nothing changing long term. I'm so nervous, I've wrecked my diet and feel like shit.
I'm wondering if anyone else has been here, and if you've found any solutions. How can he find a good outlet for his stress, without losing too much family time, or spending any money?
I love him but have been so unhappy.

cestlavielife Fri 22-Jul-11 15:41:40

tell him to get help
go to GP;
talk to his work employers human resources
change his work patterns
take sick leave

or get out. live elsewhere. go stay with friends/relatives until he sorted

hie behaviour to you is unacceptable whatever the stress he is in.

Fairenuff Fri 22-Jul-11 16:16:55

My DH was 'snappy' due to work sometimes. The pressure they put on them is ridiculous. My DH went to the GP who sorted out CBT for him. It did help. I don't take any crap from him anyway, so all he needed to learn was how to deal with his stress appropriately. You are right to tell him it has to change. It's not fair on the family to behave like that. (My DH had/has underlying issues from his childhood which don't help mind). Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now