Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Urgent help need ladies

(5 Posts)
shockedtohell Thu 21-Jul-11 11:36:28

Hi Ladies

I always come to view mumsnet but never thought I would have to post, but seems like my time has come. I am urgently needing some help and advice from you wise ladies.

My sil has just found out my brother has been cheating on her with someone very close to them both and she is shocked at this as we all are.

Shes been very ill over the past year and is still very ill so she doenst know what to do or who to turn too.

I am wanting to offer her as much advice and help as I can so that she doenst over stress and make her self even worse.

She is wanting to start divorce proceedings as soon as possible, what is her 1st step? As she has been ill shes not been working so not being earning loads and she is very scared she will loose there apartment.

If anyone can offer me advice on what she can do I would greatly appreciate it as would she.

Thanks so much.

x

blackeyedsusan Thu 21-Jul-11 11:40:05

are there any children involved?

inatrance Thu 21-Jul-11 11:40:44

Hi your poor sil what a horrible shock!

The first thing she needs to do is get some legal advice and see where she stands before she makes any decisions.

shockedtohell Thu 21-Jul-11 12:55:57

thanfully no kids at all which is a huge bonus.

as for legal help, can she get any legal aid? As shes not got much finance coming in at all. All her money goes to bills and house payments

I feel so bad for her and sick to the core that my own brother could do this to her.

TDada Thu 21-Jul-11 17:36:27

Have you spoken to your brother about his responsibilities?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now