Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I am new to this...how do I know if he likes me and what do I do about it?

(10 Posts)
HauntedLittleLunatic Wed 20-Jul-11 20:04:51

Kicked xp out 5m ago after 17yrs together....so I am a bit out of practice on the dating game.

Have met someone who I feel I would like to get to know better. And at this stage that is literally what I mean - get to know him better.

We only met 3 days ago (we are on a course together). We will be going our separate ways at the end of the week (although do llive close). We will be resuming course in a few weeks ago.

I have 'caught his eye' (in a way that feels as though he has noticed me - hard to explain and I might be imagining it) a few times. How do I know if he is interested? Do I do something about it?

Help - have forgotten how to date!

keynesian Wed 20-Jul-11 20:09:07

Asking what his plans are for the weekend would maybe let you find out if he has a wife or significant other - presuming you don't know his relationship status already. If he is unattached then you could suggest meeting up for a coffee or drink?

HauntedLittleLunatic Wed 20-Jul-11 20:20:51

Duh....its bloody obvious ain't it!

Sadly I will have my kids at the weekend and my 2 babysitters are off on hols so I would struggle to actually get out...need to give that one some more thought...

LemonDifficult Wed 20-Jul-11 20:39:30

How exciting! What do you know about him? How much are you talking already? You need to seize any chance now (in a subtle way).

HauntedLittleLunatic Wed 20-Jul-11 20:46:02

I feel I know a lot for 2 and a bit days and only really lunch hours to 'social chat'.

Name, age, job, hobbies (some overlap, some clashes), home town, a bit of childhood stuff...

HauntedLittleLunatic Wed 20-Jul-11 20:47:05

How do I know if he has been looking 'in an interested way' and I am not just imagining it.

anothermum92 Wed 20-Jul-11 20:55:17

Message withdrawn

anothermum92 Wed 20-Jul-11 20:57:48

Message withdrawn

HauntedLittleLunatic Wed 20-Jul-11 21:02:29

I was 17 when I last did this....and xp did all the chasing!

adamschic Wed 20-Jul-11 21:03:29

I second not asking him out, let him do the asking and he will if he is interested and available. If he doesn't then he maybe isn't one or the other. In the meantime, continue being friendly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now