Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dont think i love dp

(7 Posts)
rainbow2000 Wed 20-Jul-11 13:53:55

Well the title says it all.Have been together 20 years 5kids, youngest 6 weeks old and have realised i dont think i love him anymore.I am so confused dont know what to do.

buzzsore Wed 20-Jul-11 14:26:42

With such a young baby have you considered it might be the baby-blues or PND that are influencing how you feel about your dh? It's very early days after having another baby, although you're probably well-aware of those pitfalls.

If it could be that, get yourself down the gp, and give yourself a bit more time to get your equilibrium back before making any decisions.

If it's not about that, then you might want to try relationship counselling and if that doesn't help, start looking into your financial and legal rights should you split. You don't have to do anything with the information, just knowing likely outcomes can help you choose your path.

mumsamilitant Wed 20-Jul-11 15:44:48

I agree with buzzsore.... It could very well be the baby-blues. I have PMS and my poor partner is "hated" for a few weeks every year!!! Rainbow, during this time im also very confused and really do believe these feelings of not loving him anymore. Just hang fire and go down the buzzsore route...

rainbow2000 Thu 21-Jul-11 09:45:22

Its not pnd have felt this way for a while.Iwill have to tell him,cant live like thisno matter the outcome.He deserves to know.

inatrance Thu 21-Jul-11 09:52:59

Hi rainbow, I'd avoid making any major decisions just yet. Your emotions will be all over the place and you need a clear head for this one.

What has brought you to this point? Have you had relationship counselling? Does your dh have any idea how you are feeling?

BrainSurgeon Thu 21-Jul-11 10:02:27

Rainbow, agree with the other posters, hang in there for a little while... Your baby is too small and if you open this discussion with DP it's bound to cause a LOT of upset for both of you
Take a little time to think and to inform yourself of options, I'm not saying you should put up with this situation forever, but I think you should be 100% sure your emotions are not down to hormones and your baby will not be too affected.

I have similar thoughts about DP on occasion, but my emotions fluctuate hugely and I'm so glad I'm not letting them out of control, my and DS's life would be hell if I did, not to mention DP!

rainbow2000 Thu 21-Jul-11 12:31:53

Have read through thread and will leave it for the time being.After all its not something you can take back so better to be 100% sure.Thanks for the replies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now