Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Need some advise about my male friend

(4 Posts)
Bizkit Sun 17-Jul-11 22:10:55

I have a friend Ive known since high school, we get on alright, he did have a thing for me and sort of declared his love for me..this was a while back. He knows Im not interested, we've stayed friends.
Ive recently split with my partner of 10yrs and my friend has been there to listen to my problems,and we've been chatting alot more than usual, but Im getting a little worried now as he is either txting/phoning or facebooking me everyday, Im worried he might be getting the wrong impression here, but I dont want to just stop talking to him but he's starting to annoy me a little now, and Im wondering if he's hoping something might happen.
I dont wanna lead him on, but I dont wanna ignore him either??
What to do....

buzzsore Sun 17-Jul-11 22:14:30

Yeah, you've probably given him hope. I should back off gently - take longer to reply to texts/emails etc and keep it very light & chatty when you do.

Thank him for being such a good friend, and possibly, if he doesn't seem to get the message, "like a brother to me". grin

foodjunkie Mon 18-Jul-11 08:22:16

Leave it a while before you reply or acknowledge him.

Bizkit Mon 18-Jul-11 11:08:17

Thanks, I shall start commencing the gradual ignoring, he's been on fb this morning and not messaged me yet...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now