Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Friendship (I'm a newbie, forgive mistakes!)

(4 Posts)
JannyMary Fri 15-Jul-11 13:47:27

My DH died nearly 3 years ago, a sudden heart attack. I have a 21-yr old DS. Although I'm pretty much OK now and have a great relationship with my DS, I'm just lonely. Not looking for a new relationship, just friends (with brains) that I can talk with. I work full time and am always too tired to go out - never been much of a mixer - but would just love to be able to talk about things with people my own age (57, how old does that sound!). My DS is wonderful but has his own friends & interests, doesn't want to listen to mum going on all the time! Anyone out there as ancient as me who just wants a friend??

cestlavielife Fri 15-Jul-11 14:44:58

have you done usual things: evening classes/weekend courses on things you like or new interests; book clubs, walking clubs ramblers, etc etc ? things like ramblers/walking clubs meet on weekends so if you tired on evenings after work that could work.

( am waiting for Dc to grow up so i can do these things!)

ImperialBlether Fri 15-Jul-11 14:59:14

Have written to you, OP.

Are you a single mum too, cestlavie?

JannyMary Mon 18-Jul-11 16:25:08

Thanks for the messages! I only catch up in the week, I always mean to go online at weekends but always forget. Walking clubs, good idea - I think I'll research that!
Going to have to get the hang of this messaging thing (heh, what a technophobe) and will catch up tomorrow (Tues)!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now