Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Has anyone read The Secret

(11 Posts)
Britannia1986 Tue 12-Jul-11 22:44:32

Has anyone read The Secret by Rhonda Byrne it's a really good book to read if you are having problems it may not solve your problems but it will help clear your mind and see things from a different prospective.
I was really unhappy and negative and since I have read The Secret I have been a lot happier and my life has turned around in some really positive ways.

Anapit Tue 12-Jul-11 23:39:51

I am
Glad it was of help.
It was a bit on the woo side for me really

Monty27 Tue 12-Jul-11 23:53:07

Hmm got it a couple of years ago and didn't read much of it, I can't even remember much of it now other than I thought it was well, erm, not my thing.

TheMitfordsMaid Wed 13-Jul-11 00:33:11

I have. I think it is bollocks, but hey, if it works for you then great.

Oh it's obviously complete wank. THe 'Secret' is that if you write a load of old tosh and have a good PR campaign you will probably make a few quid. As long as you are photogenic.

nineyearoldsarerude Wed 13-Jul-11 01:28:45

For a first post the op sure sounds like an advertisement! I have read it and agree with all the other posters.

Britannia1986 Wed 13-Jul-11 13:51:08

Wow a lot of negativity and paranoia I guess that's the pressure of the society we live in now I was just making the point that since I've read the book I'm a lot happier I can see it didn't work for the rest of you no worries.

AKissIsNotAContract Wed 13-Jul-11 13:54:17

May I ask in what way it has made you happier OP?

Monty27 Wed 13-Jul-11 13:57:39

OP what paranoia are you referring to?

Britannia1986 Wed 13-Jul-11 14:10:52

I'm not in as much of a hurry for things as what I was before I wanted to rush into getting a house, buying a car, getting married, starting a family and because i didn't have these things I took it out on my partner and my friends and family. So my mum got me the book because she was fed up of my being so negative I thought that I needed these things to make me happy. Since I've read the book it's made me less stressed and I focus more on my relationship and family I feel lucky to have good health and a roof over my head and I'm spending more time with my boyfriend and we're planning our life together rather than rushing into things without the book I wouldn't have had a wake up call and I would have lost my boyfriend and a lot of my friends.

DontGoCurly Wed 13-Jul-11 14:13:50

Someone once bought this for me.

I was astounded that such unmitigated tripe could be published!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now