Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Completely random - and brought on by watching Dinner Date - but do you think you married the right man?

(19 Posts)
TheOriginalFAB Tue 12-Jul-11 17:44:27

I definitely did.

Feel rather stupid and embarrassed about previous angsts.

PotteringAlong Tue 12-Jul-11 17:51:56

I never, ever doubt it grin

fastweb Tue 12-Jul-11 17:56:27

Yes.

I'm sure there are many Mr Rights out there per head, but I'm glad I got this Mr Right in particular.

Empusa Tue 12-Jul-11 17:58:16

Yes. We've been through so much shit since we got married (almost a year now!), and I couldn't have got through it without him by my side.

Peachy Tue 12-Jul-11 17:58:26

Yes

I have in my time met3 people who could have been Mr Right i think

Mr right man wroing time

Mr almost right

Mr right man right time

I married him but i still have angsts- becuase marriage is a bloody slog!

Awomancalledhorse Tue 12-Jul-11 17:59:11

I did, he's very nice & even his sweat smells good.
Although sometimes I think life would be easier if I married someone who didn't snore.

AurraSing Tue 12-Jul-11 17:59:31

Hmmm.

Bunbaker Tue 12-Jul-11 17:59:39

No. 30 years yesterday. And he is still wonderful.

Hullygully Tue 12-Jul-11 18:00:37

yes

TheOriginalFAB Tue 12-Jul-11 18:01:00

confused bunbaker.

twostraightlines Tue 12-Jul-11 18:01:57

probably notsad

whomovedmychocolate Tue 12-Jul-11 18:03:37

No. I married two men who were wrong for me.

I don't think I like men very much anymore. angry sad

whizzyrocket Tue 12-Jul-11 18:06:43

Awomancalledhorse -totally with you on that one! Fortunately if I give him a small kick he doesn't wake up but does stop snoring! Hurrah!

I also wish he wasn't so warm. He rolls over and cuddles me in the morning to wake me up- 'lovely' I hear you say, or rather it would be if he weren't hotter than the sun first thing in the morning! I don't wake up at first but subconsciously shuffle across the bed away from this blistering heat until I find myself over the edge! hmm

He is lovely though. I wouldn't swap him for the world.

superjobeespecs Tue 12-Jul-11 18:11:56

marrying mr right next yr - had mr right but im too young and stupid to settle with you x 2 <me not them>

and mr perfect who didnt realise it for a very long time, broke my heart more than once or twice but we got there in the end when im right im right grin

bloody love the daft git and he's always loved me just been too stupid to realise it grin

Onemorning Tue 12-Jul-11 18:19:53

I married the right man second time around. He's wonderful.

The first one... very wrong indeed. Oh yeah.

SearchSquad Tue 12-Jul-11 18:32:30

I always wonder... Not sure if I would have made the same life choices, knowing what I do now. It's been a struggle all along - emotional as well as financial. And after four years (not too long, I know), I am beginning to wonder if it's going to get any better at all.

fastweb Tue 12-Jul-11 18:40:35

The first one... very wrong indeed.

Snap. In my post I was refering to husband 2.0

Husband 1.0 was an all thorns and no petals version of a bed of roses.

wotabouttheworkers Tue 12-Jul-11 18:52:35

No. Neither time. I am what Muriel Spark called, 'a bad picker.' Hold out no hope whatsoever for a successful 'pick' in the future, so won't bother trying. Will have lots of wicked fun instead...

Bunbaker Tue 12-Jul-11 18:58:44

Oops!

I mean yes. I do think I married the right man. What was I thinking?

It was our 30th anniversary yesterday, but he was too jet lagged to stay awake and I was at a PTA meeting just after tea.

Today I haven't felt very well, so we will both go out and celebrate when we feel wide awake and 100%.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now