Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Are you always the first one to say sorry?

(11 Posts)
M0naLisa Mon 11-Jul-11 11:21:26

After arguing with DH/DP do you say sorry first or him?

Reiden Mon 11-Jul-11 13:37:12

Always me - and I have to tell him to say sorry too, never says it on his own.

oohjarWhatsit Mon 11-Jul-11 16:07:25

depends

if i feel i am in the right, i dont

if i feel i might have been wrong, i do

same as him

On saturday he was going out to walk the dogs, i said you wont need a coat, he insisted he would, i said you will look stupid - he flew off the handle and stormed out with the dogs (without coat lol)

when he got back, first thing he said was im sorry i shouldnt have stormed out, and i said, yes i am sorry too, i shouldnt have said you will look stupid smile - all smoothed over, no drama

thats generally how it goes in our house

diddl Mon 11-Jul-11 16:10:34

Whoever was wrong says sorry!

Ragwort Mon 11-Jul-11 16:11:08

To be honest I can never be bothered to argue with DH so then there is no need to apologise ................ (I read somewhere that arguing is a healthy sign in a relationship as it shows that you do care).

Shannaratiger Tue 12-Jul-11 13:10:55

I never argue as dp is usualy right or by the time we've argued my dyspraxic, epileptic brain is soo confused I've forgotten what we were originaly talking about - literally! confused

onehellofaride Tue 12-Jul-11 14:37:37

always him blush I'm not very good at being wrong or saying sorry

QueenKate Tue 12-Jul-11 14:51:35

Our arguments, thankfully infrequent, usually get to the point where we both need to apologise.

Most often it is DH that apologises first, although I'm trying to be less stubborn blush

TheProvincialLady Tue 12-Jul-11 14:52:35

It's almost never me first. I have a real problem with apologising.

Insomnia11 Tue 12-Jul-11 14:55:39

No,we are about the same. We both tend to know if we've been out of order.

CareyHunt Tue 12-Jul-11 14:58:24

Me, always.

Not just first, but he never says it at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now