Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Potential new friend.....

(6 Posts)
Dillydaydreaming Mon 11-Jul-11 10:09:54

Not sure where it will lead... if anywhere. Tell me - it IS okay to have "knock yer socks off" sex even if neither of us intend it to go any further isn't it?

Weird about it all as it's been 5 years since I slept with anyone. Don't want to end up getting emotionally involved and getting hurt iyswim.

I am a bit of a worrier - he seems nice and we have progressed from emails to webchats and texting. He is suggesting we plan a meet up in the next few weeks if I want this and knows I am nervous about it all (says I worry too much).

I have gone from thinking that I could not be bothered to have sex ever again to all of a sudden thinking it might be nice to have someone in my life again. Although I really like this man, I am not sure if he is looking for the same thing - his profile said "casual relationship" and tbh I wouldn't have bothered with continuing contact if his first email to me had not made me laugh. We have loads in common and quite honestly it might be that we can have no more than a casual relationship due to distance and other factors. He is saying no rush and even the meet up is no rush because I am nervous - he is moving very much at my pace.

Trouble with me is I get to like people very quickly (although am no stalkerish bunny boiler) and it's going to be difficult to be cautious. It's the first time in all this time that I have felt like meeting anyone.

Am going to be brave and attempt a phone call this evening to him.

Advise me oh wise mumsnetters.....

kaluki Mon 11-Jul-11 10:17:29

Be very very careful. If he is just after casual sex and you develop feelings for him it will just lead to you getting hurt.
Be really really honest with yourself - are you the type of person who can do casual sex with no strings or are you really hoping for more?
If however you are up for just sex and know what you are getting yourself into then go for it (but be safe!)

Dillydaydreaming Mon 11-Jul-11 12:40:00

Thank you for the response Kaluki.

I have chilled a bit since writing the OP and will just meet up with him. I'll go with a "no expectations" approach and see what happens.

ImperialBlether Mon 11-Jul-11 12:43:18

Is he married?

Dillydaydreaming Mon 11-Jul-11 14:11:17

No he isn't married. His ex wife is a teacher and he says they remain on good terms. No current girlfriend or anything. I will just meet him and play it cool. What will be will be etc.

Oh and if he's nice then at some point "knock yer socks off" sex would be nice. Not that I am desperate or nuffinkgrinwink

kaluki Tue 12-Jul-11 10:16:57

envy
You Lucky ......!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now