Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Would you put up with this? not being a grumpy cow am I?

(9 Posts)
RiverJordan Sun 10-Jul-11 23:05:14

Posted this on AIBU initially but I'm so angry. Brief background is that we don't live together, been seeing each other 6 months, see each other around once a fortnight and occasionally once mid week too and communicate mainly via text and skype. When he comes on skype he comes on right over tea time so im always busy and its difficult to chat. He says he'll come back online later and then comes on about 10pm and says he's going to bed in 10 minutes.

Tonight I was just telling him over stupid bloody skype that I'm having bad side effects from the pill and am concerned I could be pregnant and his overall attitude was "those side effects could be anything, don't worry about it" because he doesn't want to use condoms and then about the pregnancy thing - "just buy a test if you're worried" and then it was "right, I'm off to bed now". He doesn't start work until 2pm tomorow so its not as if he needs to be up early yet he says he just can't stay up late as he gets too tired - funny how he managed to stay up until midnight with 2 pints and a greasy burger on Friday night with the lads though.

He'll make out I'm just being a moody cow but seriously, this isn't on, is it?? Getting sick of it to be honest, I feel like a 14 year old waiting for her first boyfriend to show a bit of interest. It's ridiculous yet when we're together he talks about us moving in together, booking a joint holiday etc.

ImperialBlether Sun 10-Jul-11 23:09:25

He is a complete waste of time.

To be perfectly frank, if I were in your position I would find out whether I was pregnant as soon as I could (you can test before your period's due) and I would deal with it. I would not have his child. I would not have anything to do with him.

He's horrible!

HuwEdwards Sun 10-Jul-11 23:12:02

and he is acting like the boyfriend of a 14you. As we used to say back then...chuck 'im.

thesunshinesbrightly Sun 10-Jul-11 23:16:36

I agree, why are you wasting your time?

FabbyChic Sun 10-Jul-11 23:26:06

Told you on your other thread, this man is a waste of space, you see him very two weeks. You talk on skype intermittently.

He is not interested in a relationship with you only in what he can get when he fancies it which is every two weeks.

BabyYoureAFirework Sun 10-Jul-11 23:40:48

I have to agree with Fabby shock

He's a shit. Sorry RiverJordan, but I think you already know that. 6 months down the line, he should still be doing everything he can to spend time with you - and if that's not possible physically, he would be finding whatever other medium he could.

There are some really decent men out there. If he's not keen enough, fuck him.

Catslikehats Mon 11-Jul-11 04:14:18

Sorry but he is clearly not interested.

Although he does have a point re the possibility of pregnancy. I don't understand th concept of thinking you might be pregnant - Just do a test.

groak Mon 11-Jul-11 05:00:40

Sorry, but why are you putting up with this?

TeachMySelfBalance Mon 11-Jul-11 18:50:53

He is being very dismissive towards you.
Very.
Take the hint and move on.
Otherwise it is all about him on his terms.
Leave that bait alone and swim to other waters.

Sorry; I know it isn't easy. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now