Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

hiding sadness about separation from son - right or wrong?

(2 Posts)
soulkid Sun 10-Jul-11 19:01:35

Hi ladies
Thank you for all your support on my thread below. What I'm struggling with at the moment is being so full of sadness and trying to keep a smiling face on for my son. He knows his daddy isn't living at home anymore because mummy and daddy have been arguing and its best us not arguing. My heart's breaking and I just can't keep it in from my boy sometimes, he always comes and gives me a hug when he sees I'm sad, but I don't know what to say to him because I don't want to "damage" him. Half of me wants him to know his mummy is crying because she's got a broken heart, the other half of me wants to protect him rom it all.
Anyone else struggling with hiding emotions from their kids?

FabbyChic Sun 10-Jul-11 19:04:17

Hey you won't damage him, what would damage him more is seeing the arguing all the time, it's okay to be sad, you can say you are sad because Daddy has gone but it's for the best as there won't be fighting anymore and it's not good to fight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now