Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Sick of H's constant moods.

(6 Posts)
Geordieminx Wed 06-Jul-11 19:03:40

don't really know where I am going with this. Just sitting here, fed up, he's in a mood again.

He's not happy at work, I know this, I've tried to talk to him about it, tried to suggest alternatives, said I would support him if he wanted to look for something else, even if it meant him working away/us moving.

Every bloody night he comes in with a face like a smacked arse. I try and be kind, loving, make him a cup of tea, yadda yadda, but I feel like I might as well not bother. He's irritable, miserable and moody. I don't even think he wants to lighten up.

We haven't had sex for ages either (him not me), but tbh I feel as much like being close to him as I do sticking pins in my eyes.

Feels better to get that out.

sad

screamingskull Wed 06-Jul-11 19:09:56

Do you think your H may be a bit down in the dumps and feel cought in a trap? Think you have shown him support re: moving or changing jobs etc.

My DH went/is going through the same thing and over the past 8 mths had a complete career change. Luckily seems to be a bit happier now but i totally understand where you are coming from, not only is it hard on them but the pressure you feel under at the time is really stressful for everyone.

Geordieminx Wed 06-Jul-11 19:16:45

Without a doubt, but I'm sick of him taking it out on ds and I, and also make 0 effort to actually help himself.

He thinks someone is just gonna come knocking on the door and say "here you go mate, here's a job £100k a year suit? Grand" hmm

It's just so soul destroying to be around him

screamingskull Wed 06-Jul-11 19:26:41

Oh i hear you. It really is not a happy way to live is it sad

it really feels like all the life is being sucked out of you doesn't it? I remember saying to my H what about trying this or that and basically being shot down in flames for trying to help.

Is there any job clubs in your area he may be able to go to or retrain for something at college...but i guess as you say he'd rather moan and hope someone just hands him a great job without even trying

Geordieminx Wed 06-Jul-11 19:29:28

He has a (good) job at the moment, but he isn't happy and tbh I don't think he'll still be there at the end of the year. It's a specialized thing that he does, but there are other jobs about. He was talking about the states last week....at the moment I feel like buying him a bloody one way ticket!

screamingskull Wed 06-Jul-11 19:39:04

ha ha i genuinely did lol at the one way ticket statement.

What if you do just humour him with chat about moving to the states even if it doesn't become a reality, that way he may have something else to focus on rather than the stalemate he feels at the moment? Only problem is you will get fed up talking about something that is not going to happen smile

Maybe that is the crux of the matter if he knows he is not going to be there at the end of the year he maybe gearing himself up for the dissapointment? It really is crap going to a job you don't like but he needs to get pro active so that you and Ds are not suffering because of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now