Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Anyone else carried on sleeping with ex after separation?

(6 Posts)
uandme Wed 06-Jul-11 11:58:51

I am still legally married to my husband of 13yrs and been separated for 2 years. Not happy with myself about it but We carried on sleeping together for a year after that on and off, usually just once a week. I eventually stopped it exactly a year ago Monday. And haven't slept with him for a year now...it feels like its been years.
I turned to online dating and slept with a couple of guys but only did that for a couple of months and ended that aswell. It's been 10 months since I have slept with anyone. :s

Has anyone slept with or is still sleeping with their ex, even after the relationship ending?

Saffysmum Wed 06-Jul-11 12:07:13

Glad you are not still sleeping with your ex. There's no way you can move on and detach from him by doing this. In my mind, you are not "separated" at all if you still have sex!

You'll meet someone else when the time is right. Focus on moving on and detaching more from your ex.

Saffysmum Wed 06-Jul-11 12:08:24

And to answer your question, I didn't sleep with my ex for a year before we separated!!

BelleDameSansMerci Wed 06-Jul-11 12:15:06

I don't think it's that uncommon - particularly if you still fancy each other speaking from bitter experience. Not a good plan, IMO, as you absolutely cannot/will not detach. Plus, despite what you may say to each other, there is always the danger that one party thinks it's "make up" sex when the other doesn't.

uandme Wed 06-Jul-11 12:15:34

Fair point saffysmum....

uandme Wed 06-Jul-11 15:52:30

Wow....looks like I'm in the minority!!!!
Or people just don't want to own up. :s

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now