Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

h "forgot" where i was born..

(32 Posts)
vvvvfedup Sun 03-Jul-11 22:42:47

That's it really. Together for years and he "forgets" this, he apparently forgets loads of things too. aibu to be upset by this?

sharbie Sun 03-Jul-11 22:44:18

i don't think mine even knew

fuckmepinkandCALLmegoran Sun 03-Jul-11 22:44:20

I was married for 20 years (nearly) my ex couldn't have told you where I was born, or how I liked my cuppa, or my birthday, or our anniversary, or the names of the kids friends.

His brain had more important things to be full of apparently.

deemented Sun 03-Jul-11 22:44:26

Nah.

Manshape forgot my birthday. And i share it with DS3...

PatientGriselda Sun 03-Jul-11 22:44:50

I don't know where my DP was born.

vvvvfedup Sun 03-Jul-11 22:46:23

ok, in perspective now! Thanks smile

Hey I don't know where I was born grin

StealthPolarBear Sun 03-Jul-11 22:50:42

really? How come?
I was born in a city about 150 miles from where DH and I both grew up. We moved when Iwas a baby so I have no memories of birth town. I have no idea but wound't be surprised if DH assumes I was born in the same town and hospital as him.

(wow that makes us sound inbred)

springbokscantjump Sun 03-Jul-11 22:51:23

My own dad forgets my birthday, my age etc. It took me years to remember dh's birthday. He remembered mine every year without fail blush. I forget our anniversary (and I picked the day!)

Bogeyface Sun 03-Jul-11 22:54:13

You think thats bad?

Mine had to ring the bank the other day because I had paid some money into the wrong account for a direct debit that was going out. As he was transferring the money over he said "My MUM put it in the wrong account"

I would have happily had him forget my fucking NAME compared to that! grin

QueeferSutherland Sun 03-Jul-11 23:02:54

My DH knows where I was born, but not where he was born.

When we were in the local registry office getting a marriage licence, DH got loads of the questions wrong. eg "what is DF's job".hmm

BluddyMoFo Sun 03-Jul-11 23:03:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BluddyMoFo Sun 03-Jul-11 23:05:41

BluddyMoFo Sun 03-Jul-11 23:07:40

Honeydragon Sun 03-Jul-11 23:11:03

One of my favourite comments of this years was when my friends DH was filling forms out and came into the kitchen and said

"Where was I born?", she then proceeded to tell him which state and what hospital, whilst eye rolling. He genuinely didn't get our shock faces at this, his reasoning being how the hell should he know, he can't remember the event!

differentnameforthis Sun 03-Jul-11 23:13:59

I don't even know if dh knows....we have been together for 22 yrs & he only remember our anniversary because it is part of a framed pic/I remind him.

ElephantsAndMiasmas Mon 04-Jul-11 14:03:06

I think it might be Hertfordshire, Bluddy.

But then I am also shit at geography.

I wouldn't really be upset at this, unless he has some special reason to need to know. As long as he knows when! How can people not know their partner's birthday? Surely you need to know if order to organise things for it?

feistychickfightingthebull Mon 04-Jul-11 14:05:52

not sure where dh was born either

Awomancalledhorse Mon 04-Jul-11 14:06:25

I can never remember how old DH is, I know when his birthday is but god knows what year he was born.

I only just told DH where I was born yesterday, as we were driving past it, I can hazard a guess where DH was born as there is only one hospital close to where he grew up grin

swanker Mon 04-Jul-11 14:10:07

Actually, I'm not sure DH would remember where I was born... it's not something you need to think of very often is it? (together 17 years btw- don't think it's ever come up)

sunshineatlast Mon 04-Jul-11 14:13:28

when dh registering dc1's birth he put the city nearest the place I was born.. 20 miles outside this city, however by dc2 had got even vaguer and just put the country. hmm

I do however constantly forget his birthday and always think its 2 days before it actually is.

bucaneve Mon 04-Jul-11 14:18:21

I knew (though have now forgotten) where DP was born because he pointed out the hospital as it was on the way to the cinema. He knows the town I was born in because we went there to visit my grandma. Tbh, I don't know why you'd necessarily know unless it had come up in conversation.

SheCutOffTheirTails Mon 04-Jul-11 14:20:12

I can't even imagine why you care.

mousymouse Mon 04-Jul-11 14:22:27

dh only knows because I send him a text message the day before wink
and I have to call my brother so that he can wish me a happy birthday.
no big deal

mousymouse Mon 04-Jul-11 14:23:18

oops should read better...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now