Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

i'm just going through the motions

(4 Posts)
bellamom Sun 03-Jul-11 20:07:47

feeling so detached from partner, feel it's just a marriage of convenience, there's nothing between us anymore, we are barely civil to each other, occasional moments of closeness, life is passing me by, can i put up with this until children have left home? i can't imagine moving out/being a single parent, i feel totally trapped in this story.

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow Sun 03-Jul-11 20:14:01

have you told your partner how you feel?

fastweb Sun 03-Jul-11 21:01:22

Would putting a pause for reflection on the table perhaps be an idea ?

If nothing else it might kick start some talking and maybe reveal that both of you are willing to put in the work needed to get things back on track.

Ambers123 Mon 04-Jul-11 09:01:25

Sounds to me like you need help advice have you try relate?, or counselling, or even telling your partner your feelings, please talk to someone as the problem will not go away only become bigger for you, good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now