Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

My in-laws are the biggest Fuckwits ever. Official.

(78 Posts)
MrBloomEatsVeggies Fri 01-Jul-11 21:17:19

Just needed to get that out into the ether. Feel better now. Well, actually, I don't, but you know....

Anyone else want to join me on the 'My in-laws are tosser's' bus?

whomovedmychocolate Fri 01-Jul-11 21:18:27

My MiL is moving in on Sunday. I may well kill her within a week.

MrBloomEatsVeggies Fri 01-Jul-11 21:22:05

Ooh, whomoved, you have my sympathy!

HumphreyCobbler Fri 01-Jul-11 21:22:49

moving in????

For ever??

Chipotle Fri 01-Jul-11 21:23:26

Your MiL is moving in!!!!! Are you crazy!!??!

LunaticFringe Fri 01-Jul-11 21:26:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

whomovedmychocolate Fri 01-Jul-11 21:26:54

While her new place is being renovated. And guess who the fucking project manager is who will be pretty much locking the tradespeople in if they get behind schedule?

D0G Fri 01-Jul-11 21:29:16

mrswarthog Fri 01-Jul-11 21:32:28

Mine are unsatisfactory too. DH is their odd one out.grin Am sooo on the bus.

whomovedmychocolate Fri 01-Jul-11 21:42:51

Could we club together and send them on a cruise or something one way would be good grin

D0G Fri 01-Jul-11 21:49:04

whomovedmychocolate Fri 01-Jul-11 21:50:05

God know, he'd end up suicidal if he talked to them all first. Poor bugger.

MarioandLuigi Fri 01-Jul-11 21:54:08

I love a good MIL bitch thread. Mine is a nutter but these threads always make me feel better grin

EndoplasmicReticulum Fri 01-Jul-11 21:54:14

I quite like mine. Sorry. Probably helps that they live 100s of miles away and we don't see them very often.

SeriousWispaHabit Fri 01-Jul-11 21:56:59

Yay, can I play?
Mine OFFERED to look after the DDs on Wednesday and against my better judgement (have been let down by them before) accepted a shift at work. Guess who was trying to organise emergency childcare at 10pm on Tuesday because something had come up?

realhousewifeofdevoncounty Fri 01-Jul-11 21:57:43

Mine's not tooo bad. She is lovely in general but does judge me a bit on the fact that I can't keep pot-plants alive. I think that she somehow thinks this is a representation of my abilities as a mother, but my dp just thinks I am being paranoid hmm.

whomovedmychocolate Fri 01-Jul-11 21:58:02

I'm still reeling from the 'will I never get a grandchild' comment when I miscarried and that was six years ago. hmm

Naoko Fri 01-Jul-11 22:53:50

My inlaws are not bad people. They are, however, completely batshit. And not in the good entertaining eccentric way either. Ohgod have to go and spend the weekend soon, I wish I drank

faintpositive Fri 01-Jul-11 23:00:01

Yup, complete dumbassess the pair of them.

Luckily i never see them.

Tomatefarcie Sat 02-Jul-11 08:18:30

My inlaws had my dogs put down while we were on holidays after assuring me that looking after them was "no problem at all".

Nuff said.

Continuum Sat 02-Jul-11 08:20:39

Yeah my miscarriage apparently affected my mil as much as it affected me, complete with tears. I expect it's because when we told her we were having another one she ran around squealing "we're having a baby, we're having a baby," and said she wanted a girl with black hair and blue eyes like FiL. This pregnancy when we found out it's another boy dh just told her by email so we didn't have to hear her disappointment. I am so glad it's just dh and ds going out to visit them this summer.

Maryz Sat 02-Jul-11 08:24:07

Mine are fantastic, they never do anything wrong! They are also dead grin (sorry dh).

Continuum Sat 02-Jul-11 08:25:35

In fact this pregnancy just keeps bringing back the memories of when I was a sleep deprived new mum of a 3 month old and they decided to have a "family meeting" where they told me all the ways I had hurt or offended mil in the previous 6 years (including such gems as not using her name enough?!? I think it's cos both of them seem to think every sentence must end with the person's name they are talking to), and where she mocked my tears, and where she threatened to punch me. And yes dh did stick up for me. But as both of us are decent people we tried to resolve issues rather than telling them they were crazy bastards and could fuck off.

Continuum Sat 02-Jul-11 08:27:56

Tomatefarcie That's absolutely horrible sad for you.

KeepErLit Sat 02-Jul-11 08:33:52

Tomate, I remember your thread about your poor dogs. I am still as horrified when i think about it now as I was when I first read about it. I can't imagine how you must feel. Your poor dogs sad

This thread is almost making me appreciate my in laws even though MiL is a fruit loop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now