Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What do you make of the ridiculous exchange I have just had with dh?

(8 Posts)
shocked2 Wed 29-Jun-11 23:28:00

Hi

brief overview of conversation that has just taken place between (d)h and I: advert for that anti fungus product (is it curanail?) comes on the TV and dh starts making sarcastic sounding noises of how I shouldn't buy it, so I say well I wouldn't since I don't have any fungus.... He says he does but makes some crack about it being in his head.... He then says again, DON'T buy it, so I get kind of annoyed and say what is he saying, is he actually asking me to buy it and where is it that he has fungus?. He looks at me with contempt and says "it's alright, I'll get you your broom"... (I think this is some allusion to me being a witch) and probably something else unkind but can't remember, at which point I tell him to keep his madness to himself and if there is a product he wants he should go and buy it himself.

All very depressing sad.

Does it sound like we are both bonkers? Sorry for lack of context but wanted opinions on the conversation itself and wondering if the way I am feeling about it is "valid" iykwim.

Thank you smile.

Alambil Wed 29-Jun-11 23:29:49

has he taken something this evening? that sounds awfully bizarre

AnyFuleKno Wed 29-Jun-11 23:31:49

Sounds like his weak attempt at humour went down like a lead balloon. Is he normally like that?

shocked2 Wed 29-Jun-11 23:46:39

sorry, started two threads by mistake - thx for your answers - no, no substances ingested, and can occasionally be like that are the answers to the two questions.... I realise it sounds really odd - I just don't like the way it makes me feel - upset and no longer wanting to talk - and demeaned

MissrufusJflywheel Thu 30-Jun-11 09:41:35

There must be something leading up to this. A reason why you are so upset. I know sometimes a stupid exchange can lead to an argument but usually there is something that has been brewing. Bad feeling, an atmosphere or you have done something to piss him off? or vice versa? It just sounds like such a ridiculous reaction from him, I would be asking 'what was that all about?'. Especially if maybe it was said in jest and you are feeling sensitive for perhaps good reason. Maybe he can put your mind at rest. There must be more here on both sides if not. smile

malinkey Thu 30-Jun-11 09:54:34

Hi shocked2, you KNOW it's not a normal relationship, you know he makes you unhappy. I feel so sad for you that you keep asking about these incidents and people keep telling you he's abusive. Every time you post about something else he's done I think he sounds more and more like a twat and I feel so sorry that you feel you are 'stuck' with him.

What would it take for you to take action?

SuePurblybilt Thu 30-Jun-11 09:58:46

That is the weirdest conversation ever recorded (and I've been involved in some odd ones).
Is he making some kind of point about fungus? Why?

MissrufusJflywheel Thu 30-Jun-11 10:54:02

Ahhhh I knew there must have been something more to it. because a normal healthy relationship would have been a case of 'are you on crack darling? and btw seriously dude, me get my broom?! you're the one with fungus feet' :S

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now