Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What is the best way to split up?

(5 Posts)
ToothbrushThief Sun 26-Jun-11 21:31:27

This may seem a stupid question.

I have a history of staying with a guy rather than hurt his feelings by leaving.

I'd like advice on splitting up kindly. How would you like to be dumped?

hellospoon Sun 26-Jun-11 22:01:56

in a nice calm way. Honesty is always the best way so something like...

"I am not sure i feel this relationship is going anywhere, i feel i would be cruel to you if we stayed together"

camaleon Sun 26-Jun-11 22:14:19

There is not good way to be 'dumped' and this is the bottom line of it. If you are going to 'dump' someone it will always hurt.
Tell the truth, do not make him feel he has a chance to change something that would make you change your mind (unless this is a possibility). people cannot fall in love of who they want to. You can remind him of all the good things you shared together, the good memories you will keep, and still leave a clear message that this is not what you want at the moment.
Good luck

ToothbrushThief Sun 26-Jun-11 22:21:41

Thank you

gawdonbennett Mon 27-Jun-11 08:08:20

By text. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now