Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Is it me?

(7 Posts)
Mrslonely Sun 26-Jun-11 16:51:50

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

GypsyMoth Sun 26-Jun-11 17:34:34

someone would!! of course they would.

BeerTricksPotter Sun 26-Jun-11 17:50:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

madmother1 Sun 26-Jun-11 17:51:38

Please don't feel you are a bad mum. Now - I've got 2 children, 11 and 15 and believe me i spent so much time worrying about potty training, eating, talking you name it - i worried about it. My son even refused to get in the bath for a year when he was 2 years old. All children do things at different stages. Please don't think it is your fault. can you go to a couple of playgroups/swimming etc. I find that most Mum's are happy to chat, and if you see them then you can perphaps invite people for a coffee to your house. I've still got friends from 15 years ago that i met through my 'Parentcraft' group.

As for you husband - well - i can see the signs - go on a date with him at least once a fortnight. Just the two of you. The pub, cinema or a walk. It is so easy to get into this 'we are just parents' so we don't matter. (I am saying all this in hindsight - as my husband and I are separating - because we haven't done all of this and I don't want it to happen to anyone else.

You take care - you would be missed - please try not to worry - and get out there to talk to other Mums - they are lonely as well.

Mrslonely Sun 26-Jun-11 19:27:39

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

carlywurly Sun 26-Jun-11 20:44:11

I was married to an "everthing's fine" type. And one of my dc had very similar issues to your dd. XH's refusal to validate my concerns and sweep them under the carpet was one of the main reasons for our split. It was a horrendously lonely and isolating time.

I was also in a new area, but started doing things like evening courses, sports, and got involved with the PFA at the dc's school. If you're new, you just have to make the effort, excruciating though it is if you're shy. That way, you'll start to build up a support network of friends. This does take time though. I do feel for you and don't know how to advise you to connect with your DH, I never managed it with XH, he just didn't want to hear it.

madmother1 Mon 27-Jun-11 19:11:48

Just start small and invite one mother and a child. Have a quick tidy up before they come - I'm sure they wouldn't really notice anyway. Try it next time your child is playing nicely with another child. Say 'our children seem to get on - do you fancy a coffee next Tuesday round my house?' EASY... I'll check the board to see if you have done this. This is your task for the week.

Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now