Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dating - he called, we talked, no date????

(13 Posts)
whathappendsnext Fri 24-Jun-11 09:46:43

I have been chatting with a man online and we asked for my number and called me last night.
We were on the phone for about 40 minuites and had a nice chat.
He asked if i worked weekends, which i said i didnt and he said that was good.

Phone call finished up and no date had been set.

I must have bombed somehow, dont you think?

niceguy2 Fri 24-Jun-11 09:53:57

Either that or he wussed out of asking. Neither sounds like a good sign.

LittleBlueBoat Fri 24-Jun-11 09:57:25

txt and ask him on a date if you really like him?

TobyLerone Fri 24-Jun-11 10:01:36

Maybe he didn't want to push you too fast.

SpareOhs Fri 24-Jun-11 10:03:48

Not necessarily. I'm with LBB - text him and ask if he'd like to chat again, this time over a real-life coffee/beer!

But only text once and, if he doesn't reply positively (i.e. with a time and a place!), forget it and move on.

LittleBlueBoat Fri 24-Jun-11 10:04:56

I agree only txt once.

whathappendsnext Fri 24-Jun-11 10:13:40

maybe. He did ask about weekends, and then not thinking i said i what i was doing this evening and then tomorrow. So i am busy- but then doesnt that make me seem interesting and like i have a life?

I dont know, there was lots of laughing. But i cant for the life of me remember how it ended, other than him saying something like i have his number now too and good luck for his big important meeting thing tomorrow.

I supose i could text ONCE later and say i hope it had gone ok?

LittleBlueBoat Fri 24-Jun-11 10:18:48

I would ask about meeting first and if he replys ask him what he is doing next weekend?

LittleBlueBoat Fri 24-Jun-11 10:19:19

Sorry his important work meeting first.

SpareOhs Fri 24-Jun-11 10:25:21

I would say hope meeting went well etc etc, do you fancy a drink next week? (or words to that effect).

choux Fri 24-Jun-11 21:27:39

What Littleblueboat said - text to see if his big meeting went well and if/when he replies say 'Well done, enjoyed chatting last night, maybe we can do it over a glass of wine next week?'

Text once and ask for a date. If you don't get a result, move on but don't think that it means you did anything wrong. He could be a timewaster, hideously ugly, married, anything.

gawdonbennett Sat 25-Jun-11 13:07:02

Or he could have a few on the go at the moment. You did meet online after all and that's kinda how it works.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now