Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Need tips fast on being safe!

(6 Posts)
want2sleep Thu 23-Jun-11 18:07:28

Ok some of you know me as posted a lot (sorry) as ex been attacking for 2 years which thankfully stopped in March when cctv fittedsmile Most of attacks where because of maintenance but some because of less trivial things like Christmas cards etc

So ex will be contacted again soon....can't go to much into detail but he is going to go nuts.

Any tips...no chance of moving though yet!

GypsyMoth Thu 23-Jun-11 18:42:24

stay calm
keep up security
keep a diary if he does ANYTHING

scurryfunge Thu 23-Jun-11 18:46:06

If you have reported in the past ask the local Police domestic abuse unit to reassess the risk and implement a protection plan with you.

want2sleep Thu 23-Jun-11 19:17:12

I will put post-its on doors to remind me to put door alarms on thanks Tiff. Diary good idea or email it to myself.

Scurry reminds me will check if I still have marker on property? Dont know if they expire?

What type of protection things can I ask for?

I am going to put foil on floor near letterbox as allow arson team doubled plated letterbox was bent first time and petrol could get through and foil it should burn on foil only?

I got smoke alarms...just cant get out if upstairs as leads to front door...that is the worry.

I'm worried as he will follow us then do something....worried taking ds out (not yet afterwards)

I know I will not sleep as will go into anxiety fight state and not sleep for nights (ten nights was longest then I start falling over/dropping things). It will be close to summer holidays then and wont have to worry about driving ds to school when not sleeping, so that is good.

scurryfunge Thu 23-Jun-11 19:34:00

advice here.

Domestic Abuse officers will assess with you...difficult to tell what they will suggest without knowing your risk as any strategy will be dependant on so many factors.

Who else do you have for support?

want2sleep Thu 23-Jun-11 20:38:55

thanks scurry they gave me id number other week so if I phone they can see history etc asap and help...did have outreach from WA for 4 weeks in past. But that is all they can offer being so stretched.

Living with ds who is in KS1 and has a disability.

The contact will be a huge trigger as past behaviours shown.

E knows all coming and goings I think he watched for long time in past as ensures we are alone when strikes

It is the weapons I am worried about...police know but never took action in past. This is a threat at anytime I guess as ex is very very unstable and implusive with life threatening attacks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now