Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Please come here and give me a slap.

(6 Posts)
GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Tue 21-Jun-11 16:51:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BrainSurgeon Tue 21-Jun-11 16:54:37

No, never been there myself, but: SLAP!
smile

UnlikelyAmazonian Tue 21-Jun-11 16:56:17

Why do you need to stop being like this? Sounds to me as though you are being perfectly sensible. There's nothing wrong in holding a little (or a lot) back until you, you are ready.

Just because he is declaring love doesn't mean that you have to. If he packs you in because it's not going quickly enough for him then he aint worth much anyway.

Enjoy this time would be my advice. Sit back and let him do the running. 9 months is nothing in the scheme of things, especially after a bad breakup.

Does he know what you have been through (I really hope you did not give him too many details as shit men love a vulnerable hurt woman) and how old are you? Dcs yet?

Play it cool until you are sure as you can be (there are no certainties) that he is really worth you.

MigratingCoconuts Tue 21-Jun-11 17:23:54

what unlikely said...but I'm getting the big slippery wet fish out anyway...

here

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Tue 21-Jun-11 18:38:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MigratingCoconuts Tue 21-Jun-11 18:58:32

I was an absolute loon when I met now DH. However, that was for good reason and I had to dela with my mixed up emotions. Luckily, DH is a very straightforward kind of guy who patiently waited for me to normalise.

If he is worth you, he will deal with your wierdness. Just be as honest as you can

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now