Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

keeping relationships young and alive?

(11 Posts)
M0naLisa Mon 20-Jun-11 17:09:03

Me and Dh had a whirlwind romance, within 3 weeks of becoming a couple i was pregnant with DS1 (not planned)

6 years later and 5 yrs of marriage we have 2 DC. DH works hard and some days long hours.

We have good times and bad times within our marriage. EA have happened but we have managed to regain the love for one another.

How do you keep your marriage/relationship alive after children?

Me and DH playfight, we take the piss out of each other, friendly attack each other etc etc is that normal, is it not? i don't know you tell me.

There are lots of threads at minute about sexless marriages so wondered about a thread about how to keep love young and alive?

FabbyChic Mon 20-Jun-11 23:17:56

Always be honest with each other and treat each other with respect, remember to laugh together, have fun, and keep the sex alive.

ineedabodytransplant Mon 20-Jun-11 23:22:17

sounds to me like you have a good relationship.

Please don't ley anyone tell you otherwise(you jammy cow..wink)

ineedabodytransplant Mon 20-Jun-11 23:22:40

let not ley..bloody hell it doesn't stop

TDada Mon 20-Jun-11 23:23:53

sounds like fun...keep it up

M0naLisa Mon 20-Jun-11 23:31:53

me and DH are the same people. Im his squirty cream to his chocolate fudge cake as we say grin

We think the same things, we say the same things we do the same things smile We laugh at the same things. I see my sister and her bf treat each other like shite, she calls him names under the sun, he does the same and i think 'i could never live like that' Was watching that new show Marriage Ref on saturday night and we talked about it and we both agreed we couldnt remember the last time we had an argument, we have disagreements (mainly when it comes down to my family lol) but as for rows, we dont have them. Aren't arguments what make relationships.

M0naLisa Mon 20-Jun-11 23:32:47

I sound like im bragging but im really not haha. We dont have sex as much as we could do though, my sex drive has nose dived, dhs is high which is frustrating for him but we do do it.

CarnivalBizarre Mon 20-Jun-11 23:33:21

DH and I got married very young (17 & 19) we have been married nearly 22 years and it hasn't always been easy - raising 6 DC, redundancy etc but we always manage to laugh with or at each other everyday and we maintain a good sex life - we are like best mates with benefits grin

You sound like you have a good balance, keep it up and just enjoy each other and your children smile

ineedabodytransplant Mon 20-Jun-11 23:36:22

squirty cream and chocolate fudge cake?? That's where I am have being wrong all these years. I prefer savoury...bugger...wink

Monalisa, seems you are one lucky lady.. Enjoy it

M0naLisa Mon 20-Jun-11 23:51:06

Carnival same as us we have gone through homelessness, redundancy, work, no work, work, no work, work, no work.....lol but now we are in a good position we sit back and laugh at our past.

Ineed yep none of that ying and yang. we compare foods in this house lol

ineedabodytransplant Mon 20-Jun-11 23:56:44

That's where I am have being wrong all these years.

WELL THAT MAKES SENSE!!

why do all my posts tonight sound like I am having a 'special' moment?

I can do English, honestly even though I am Scottish...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now