Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Please indulge Bibi one last time?

(21 Posts)
BibiBlocksberg Sun 19-Jun-11 19:20:25

ex p has just left after spending the afternoon retrieving his remaining possessions.

We've been split since Christmas and after the initial adjustment period I've been really happy as a singleton.

Feeling a bit queasy and teary sitting in newly bare rooms sad

I'm being silly I know and I will enjoy choosing new furniture etc.

It would have been helpful if he hadn't kept asking questions such as 'can i call you and arrange to come and see the cat/you' then when I said no, that would be really weird, don't do that' he looked soooo crushed and pained.

Felt like a really horrible person by the end of it all.

Sorry, this is all self indulgent twaddle really, but if you're passing this thread a 'there there' the worst is over would be very much appreciated smile

garlicnutter Sun 19-Jun-11 19:24:24

Hello, lovely!

Well, I'm less than astonished to see the Cap'n hasn't changed. Pleading to come back? Missing the CAT?? Crushed, pained, Bibi will feel guilty and then I'll be able to get her pandering to my pathetic needs again ...

Tsk, Bibi wink
You are a better woman than he'll ever be (er, you know what I mean!)
Sales will be starting soon. Happy shopping smile
xx

garlicnutter Sun 19-Jun-11 19:26:37

ps: I'm no genius, I just Face-stalked my ex blush Good news is, he now looks like the unattractive twerp he always was and I've FINALLY 'got' that I was always too good for him!
<smug>

BibiBlocksberg Sun 19-Jun-11 19:31:49

Oh thank you garlic (love the new part of your name btw)

That's just what needed thanks - he came over with his sister and little niece.

She asked if there was any hope for us and I did say to her that her brother will never change and no, I've had enough and happy by myself.

Was just v odd looking around with all his crap finally shifted.

Have to say I was less than impressed that he asked to come and see the cat and THEN asked to see me.

grin

SingOut Sun 19-Jun-11 19:33:58

grin at garlic
Bibi, I've been following your threads since the start. I just wanted to say a huge CONGRATULATIONS! for having finally got shot of him (and his baggage - har har)
This is probably the worst it will ever get, with this bloke. The last bit of emotional awkwardness and guilt... yes, you're feeling sad now and that's totally fine and understandable. But tomorrow is a new day and you can start really going to town kitting out your very own space with relish. Enjoy wink
And have a wine from me!

BibiBlocksberg Sun 19-Jun-11 19:36:06

Just seen your ps there garlic - great news, it's a wonderful feeling that certainty that they never deserved you isn't it smile

Have to say, i was astonished to see that the captain has put on weight. He never gained an ounce over a decade but he def has manboobs now.

seeing as i was never perfect enough for him really it was nice to see

<evil cackle>

BibiBlocksberg Sun 19-Jun-11 19:38:18

Oh cheers SingOut <necks wine>

Your right of course, the Bibi train of personal choice will be back in service soon no doubt smile

AnyFucker Sun 19-Jun-11 19:42:02

hi Bibs x

have a little wine with me now, it's ok to feel sad at the bare spaces where his shit stuff used to be

you know it's for the best though, but no shame in feeling a bit sad

the moobs ? yuk, consider yourself spared smile

BibiBlocksberg Sun 19-Jun-11 19:51:37

Yes, I will join you in a wine thank you AF!

Moobs, snort! I mean I'm no picture with my clothes off but at least my sparkling personality will see me through grin

Have to say there was a part of me that was convinced the cap'n would have seen the error of his ways by now and moved on with his life but nope, still living at mummy's and trying to make me feel bad for him.

Well, as always, thank the universe for my good MN friends.

Feel very much better again now! Better go shove my things back into cupboards now (idiot left everything everywhere that isn't his) angry

SingOut Sun 19-Jun-11 20:31:03

Ah, you see, Bibi - he was a tit to the very last! I quite envy you with a nice home and only your stuff in it... Hmm. Might have a bit of a clearout meself wink

Katisha Sun 19-Jun-11 20:38:31

EXcellent - fill those rooms with nice stuff asap!

Did you ever get that bike back?

<Joins in with general wine>

BibiBlocksberg Sun 19-Jun-11 20:54:56

Operation 'bibify' is nearly there for tonight, phew!

Was a bit worried I was just gonna sit on my considerably sized butt wasting tears of self pity.

SingOut - It does feel really good to be able to chuck things in a black binliner without a voice behind me whining 'but i might neeeeeeeed that'!

I always was a bit of a minimalist even as a child (cosy but without a load of unwanted ornaments etc) having cupboards stuffed with things no one is going to ever use again makes me feel uncomfortable, can't help it.

Hi Katisha, lovely to see you smile

Yes I got the bike back, sold it for a good amount of money and am now the proud owner of a little White sports car (old but sporty and fast smile ) so am chuffed with that smile

God when I think back, not 7 months ago all of this seemed so daunting and almost impossible......

shrinkingnora Sun 19-Jun-11 21:09:20

I was just about to ask about the bike! Well done.

I was thinking of you the other day as my Dad was waffling on talking to me about Brunel. You need to have a weekend away to mark the very end of the Cap'n. I'm still on for tea and cake, just say the word grin

You do realise that he brought his niece in order to make you feel guilty? Twat.

BibiBlocksberg Sun 19-Jun-11 21:19:57

Nora - word!! Since I'm newly sociable and everything id love to meet for that cake!!!! Oh and tea or coffee in my case. Need to give the sporty number a good run anyway smile

The niece actually totally saved my day actually since she's so adorable and good company.

Ended up making 'magic' potions in the garden with my out of date spices while the cap'n was clearing the house (I'm a big child myself still, can you tell?)

So nerrr to his plan of manipulation!!

grin

shrinkingnora Sun 19-Jun-11 21:22:06

Ha! You rule, Bibi! PM me when you want that cake. We can walk round lots of Brunel stuff and earn it firstgrin

Katisha Sun 19-Jun-11 22:15:07

You've exchanged the Capn for a sports car! Could there BE a more satisfactory outcome!?!

Cheers! wine

wine from me too, raise a glass to yourself and to Good Riddance of this four-square bellend. Manipulative and selfish to the last, wasn't he? But now it's over.

BibiBlocksberg Sun 19-Jun-11 22:27:57

EARN Cake shock Bibi does not earn these days grin

Crikey too much wine evidently!

Exchanged the cap'n for a sports car - come to think of it - I DID <swells wiu pride>

And, it's a car he spent years telling me is ugly and he hats. Snort, double satisfaction.

Thank you too SGB, nice of you to drop by, yours and AF's posts were instrumental in getting me to see that leaving the cap'n was the sensible option for my sanity and happiness!

grin

BibiBlocksberg Sun 19-Jun-11 22:28:54

pride and hates. Sigh, time to lay off the vino methinks!

Katisha Sun 19-Jun-11 22:52:18

It's OK - I have had enough wine to be able to read it... wink

BibiBlocksberg Sun 19-Jun-11 23:10:25

Great eyes minds Katisha grin

it's a school night too blush (I know, terrible expression but I like it)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now