Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Am I being oversuspicious?

(11 Posts)
BoscoIsMyLover Sat 18-Jun-11 14:54:32

Seems silly to post this, some people have actual problems...

However, DP went out last night (no issue with that, I go out the same amount of times) anyway this morning he says "did you ring x pub last night looking for me?" I said no, I didnt know what pub he was in(he was in a comp so it could have been anywhere) He said some woman called he pub looking for him but it turned out to be for another person with the same (common) name.

I feel a little weirded out and I dont know why. Im finding it strange that he asked did I ring, yet he knew that I didnt IFYWIM... Can anyone make sense of what Im feeling cos I cant..

Sorry again, I know its a stupid issue, I just feel....unsettled....

LilQueenie Sat 18-Jun-11 14:57:46

If it was for another person with the same name why would he ask if it was you who called? Nothing strange other than the fact he is asking you a question that he doesnt need to.

woeisme48 Sat 18-Jun-11 14:58:28

If it turned out to be for someone else then he knows you didn't phone him..it doesn't make sense hence feeling weird about it.
Someone phoned asking for his name but he didn't get the call and he is checking it wasn't you.

BoscoIsMyLover Sat 18-Jun-11 14:58:32

Thats my point! Why would he ask if he already knew the answer????

BoscoIsMyLover Sat 18-Jun-11 14:59:24

He says he was just telling me..I say know you asked me...

TheOriginalFAB Sat 18-Jun-11 15:02:15

It would unsettle me too.

hobbgoblin Sat 18-Jun-11 15:04:10

So you think he experienced a close call or just that he wanted to make certain you haven't been checking up on him lately because he is somewhere he shouldn't be?

woeisme48 Sat 18-Jun-11 15:18:52

Do you tend to call him when out... ? On his mobile?
Was the call to the pub landline?

BoscoIsMyLover Sat 18-Jun-11 15:22:06

In the 12 years we have been together I've never called anywhere to check on him..I just feel so weirded out by it god I wish I knew why

BoscoIsMyLover Sat 18-Jun-11 15:23:36

He calls me when he is out I call him..that's on mobile..(His call was to the pub landline

woeisme48 Sat 18-Jun-11 16:48:53

strange then...in worst case scenario could he have thought a woman friend was going there and there was a call for him which he didn't get in time ? And the only other person it could have been was you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now