Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Wedding anniversary - how to celebrate?

(9 Posts)
GnomeDePlume Sat 18-Jun-11 12:55:46

In August DH and I will have been married for 20 years. They have been good years and we have a lot to celebrate.

It isnt silver so I think the celebration is more private and smaller but at the same time I would like to mark the milestone.

So, in this situation what would you want to do to celebrate?

supergreenuk Sat 18-Jun-11 13:03:14

Congraulations. It's great that you can look back and say that. I bet that's unusual these days.

If i was in your shoes maybe re visit your honeymoon destination and re live the memories.

GnomeDePlume Sat 18-Jun-11 15:07:53

supergreenuk - thank you, sad to say we didnt have a honeymoon. We were straight back to work on Monday. Our wedding was in a dentists waiting room registry office.

We have been lucky so far.

I will have to keep thinking.

supergreenuk Sat 18-Jun-11 18:10:20

Maybe it's time for a honeymoon then.

atswimtwolengths Sat 18-Jun-11 18:17:50

Are you think along the lines of a party, a holiday or a gift? And well done on the twenty years! It gives me hope!

GnomeDePlume Sat 18-Jun-11 19:17:04

To be honest I really dont know, probably not a party as we arent really party people. What I would like to now is how other people would celebrate. What do other people consider to be a celebration? Complete nosiness!

We have had a lot of good examples of long marriages presented to us. Compared with DH's family (DH's brother married 30 years, PiL's married nearly 60 years) we have hardly started.

tb Sat 18-Jun-11 21:34:49

Dh gave me 20 roses, can't remember what I did. Went on maternity leave 9 days later!

Friend insisted on treating us to a meal out - and then came too shock especially as it was our last anniversary with just the 2 of us. Meal wasn't that good either iirc.

GnomeDePlume Sat 18-Jun-11 22:29:12

tb - I love the idea of having a gosoeberry there!

GnomeDePlume Sat 18-Jun-11 22:29:59

sorry that's gooseberry, gosoeberries are quite different as every gardener knows!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now