Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Sex drought?

(4 Posts)
WestYorkshireGirl Thu 16-Jun-11 16:01:22

Had a our first DD in January and haven't made love with my DH since last October. We spend all our time looking after DD who has been fairly hard work. Unfortunately she won't nap in the day unless carried around in the sling and sleeps in our bed at night as putting her in the cot or trying to transfer her leads to major meltdown. She wakes about 4 times a night for feeds. We keep trying different strategies for helping her sleep on her own, but not much luck so far. She is exclusively BF and won't take a bottle and when we left her to go out for half an hour to the pub with a friend she cried manicly the whole time and we had to come back!

Things with DH are fine and we try to be affectionate as much as possible, but we just have no opportunity for anything more than a quick cuddle. Am not overly worried as I keep hoping things will start to settle down, and relationships go through these periods but just wondering if anyone else had a long period of 'sex drought' and how you got things going again? Do you think it would be really obvious if we asked a friend to take her for a walk or something for an hour (parent not local and not really up to childcare)?

PrinceHumperdink Thu 16-Jun-11 16:05:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

floyjoy Thu 16-Jun-11 16:10:28

It won't be obvious and is a totally normal favour to ask - you must need a break anyway! And I wouldn't worry about the sex drought - if you get time to yourselves it'll work out over time.

TDada Thu 16-Jun-11 19:47:08

Only a problem if one party is becoming resentful?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now