Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Does your H/DP know you post here?

(56 Posts)
Orchidlady Wed 15-Jun-11 12:45:48

Just wanted to know how many of your H/DP's know you post on here. Have seen several posters mentioning discussing with otherhalves which I think sounds really healthy. If my dp knew he would go beserk, am I minority?

MamaLazarou Wed 15-Jun-11 12:47:06

Why would he go beserk? Yes, my husband knows I post here, and sometimes browses the boards for advice on certain (parenting) subjects.

Paschaelina Wed 15-Jun-11 12:47:16

Yep. He knows. I sometimes farm out plumbing/heating queries to him and he has been known to reply under my nn.

He can't spell it though. wink

Paschaelina Wed 15-Jun-11 12:48:17

...or pronounce it either

Orchidlady Wed 15-Jun-11 12:51:46

He would see it a abusing his trust, unfortuntely I think he is mentally ill and has been for sometime. I would love to be able openly share some of the advise I have got on here.

Rosemallow Wed 15-Jun-11 12:55:00

Whywould he go beserk?
My DP knows and just thinks it's 'a load of women moaning about stuff' although I have shared a few of the funny threads with him. He spends a fair bit of his time on stocks and shares bulletin boards (yawn!) so he can't really complain!

mummylin2495 Wed 15-Jun-11 12:56:13

Yes mine knows ,in fact a couple of times i have asked him about an electrical problem someone has had and he has told me the solution to pass on.Also he has his comp in the same room as me,he goes on his footi forums and i come on here.

supadupapupascupa Wed 15-Jun-11 12:57:03

yes, i often read bits out to him

Tortoiseonthehalfshell Wed 15-Jun-11 12:57:55

Going berserk because you talk to other women about things? That's an awfully bad sign. How is that 'abusing your trust'?

I think my husband would mind if I was posting explicit threads/queries about our sex life, but otherwise accepts that sometimes I'll want to bounce something off an impartial person, and doesn't really care if that's my best friend or internet strangers.

MizzyFizzy Wed 15-Jun-11 13:00:59

Yes, mine knows....when I'm in disbelief at some stuff posted here sometimes, he usually gets my opinion blasted at him...poor sod!

SquishyCinnamonSwirls Wed 15-Jun-11 13:01:05

Of course smile
I read out funny/sad/random bits to amuse him, or to ask him for his pov.
No idea if he knows my nn though, but I doubt he'd be bothered enough to look!

Orchidlady Wed 15-Jun-11 13:01:55

Well to be fair, because of problems some of of the posts have been very personal, but the point is no one knows in RL, just find incedibley helpful to get impartial advice here. has stopped me losing my mind. I sure if I was asking about plumbing or decorating tips of course he would note give a toss. Sorry I suppose I should have been clearer.

liketoknow Wed 15-Jun-11 13:02:43

It's my secret too orchidlady
I even have to make sure that I delete the browsing history so no, you're not alone!

Orchidlady Wed 15-Jun-11 13:04:32

liketoknow, thank god I am not alone

Reality Wed 15-Jun-11 13:05:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MizzyFizzy Wed 15-Jun-11 13:05:49

I've discussed my childhood and stuff on the stately homes thread and DH knows it sometimes includes comments about him and the DC's...he's Ok with this as he thinks that in order to cope I have to discuss my 'stuff' somewhere and at least here I know that someone will understand as there are so many ladies from differing walks of life.

The help we need isn't always available on our doorsteps so we have to look elsewhere.

IAmTheCookieMonster Wed 15-Jun-11 13:06:26

yes, because I start every sentence with "on mumsnet someone said...."

AuntieMonica Wed 15-Jun-11 13:09:03

DH knows i post here, i read threads out to him (mainly the funny ones though) and i too ask him advice to pass on.

I also use some thread topics as 'ideas' for us to talk about too. I hope that doesn't sound too weird, it's just I don't go out to work, it's like 'work-speak' for me.

DS2 often knows my user name, i think he lurks, i've never seen him post AFAIK

pink4ever Wed 15-Jun-11 13:52:10

Yes he knows and treats it with as much disdain as he everything in my lifehmm. He would go mental of he knew I was bitching about him mostly though!. Tbh I have a more meaningful relationship with mn than I do with him(god that sounds pathetic!)<someone slap me please>

Reiden Wed 15-Jun-11 13:56:33

DH knows I do, and knows my username, well, one of them anyway, not the one I use to moan about him grin

TrillianAstra Wed 15-Jun-11 14:03:07

Yep - he'd have to be pretty unobservant not to know...

Psammead Wed 15-Jun-11 14:04:41

Mine knows. I talk about funny things I read on here quite often.

YouremindmeoftheBFP Wed 15-Jun-11 14:04:42

Arf @ thecookiemonster.

My DP knows, and is slightly world weary/ rolly-eyes about it all. I think he thinks we're just a bunch of bitchy women gossiping all the time. I don't think he knows my NN though.

RedGreenBlue Wed 15-Jun-11 14:06:49

My DW knows - though she doesn't know my username.

Or does she....? Ah, it's the little intrigues like this that keep a marriage alive.

GwendolineMaryLacey Wed 15-Jun-11 14:06:54

God everyone knows I post. My boss asks me what's happening on MN grin. DH comes up with questions he wants me to ask but they're mostly inane bollocks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now