Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What is this woman up to??

(13 Posts)
Paperdenim Sun 25-Jul-10 02:30:03

Sorry it's a late one. My DP is at a family party, there is a woman there who is much older than both me and DP and always embarrased herself by flirting with DP- last time was 'sexy' dancing pissed in front of him whilst he was trying to escape.

I'm not there tonight and she has been sending me odd facebook messages
1st around an hour ago said 'really missed you tonight.' weird cos i don't really know her.

2nd about 2 mins ago just saying 'HAVE FUUUUN!!!!!!!!1111'

my mum was there and textedit saying she was all over my dad too and she's a horrible pathetic cougar

what is she upto? Is she tryingro make me paranoid?
I trust Dp totally, but it's really getting on my wick!

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sun 25-Jul-10 02:39:17

Ignore her. You know she's pissed, you know she's making a fool of herself, you know your DP isn't interested. Forget it, and try to sleep.

needafootmassage Sun 25-Jul-10 08:15:49

She's probably in a sad place. Be kind to her and thank your stars you're not ageing and lonely.

RobynLou Sun 25-Jul-10 08:17:03

she's just drunk and possibly a bit lonely, she'll probably be mortified in the morning, be sympathetic.

Anniegetyourgun Sun 25-Jul-10 08:19:43

She may realise somewhere in the back of her mind that flirting with married men while their wives aren't there is not on, so she's sort of trying to involve you. Clumsy but most likely completely harmless.

SugarMousePink Sun 25-Jul-10 09:29:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Paperdenim Sun 25-Jul-10 12:00:10

Thanks alot, you're all totally right! Just needed to get it out! Xxx

Myleetlepony Sun 25-Jul-10 14:17:09

Anyone sending FB messages while they are at a party is a sad git surely? Just de-friend her and forget it.

CaptainNancy Sun 25-Jul-10 14:41:49

Poor woman- to be pitied rather than feared.

But cougar? Made me snort...

Coolfonz Sun 25-Jul-10 15:07:32

Must tell my Mum to cut out the Facebook messages.

said Sun 25-Jul-10 15:28:17

I'm nervous curious about how old she is?

2kids2dogsandahorse Sun 25-Jul-10 20:29:56

err yes how old do you have to be to be a cougar? blush

Speckledeggy Mon 26-Jul-10 09:55:00

I would block her on Facebook. Best to just ignore her. Sounds like she's a stupid fool who is jealous of you. Remind yourself of that next time she's being a tit and feel smug!

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now