Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Do you have siblings you have no contact with?

(22 Posts)
charliecat Sat 20-Aug-05 21:58:13

I have 4 sisters, 3 I have never met (same dad) all different mums, and 1 I fell out with years ago who I grew up with (same mum).
My dds have a brother they never see and the sister and brother I do see also have siblings they never see....
Is this the norm nowadays?

joash Sat 20-Aug-05 22:08:19

I have two sisters (one older and one younger)and one brother (younger) who I don't have contact with.
I do have regular contact with the brother that I like.

joash Sat 20-Aug-05 22:08:45

Dh also has a sister who has no contact with any of his family.

mogwai Sat 20-Aug-05 22:12:53

I have four half siblings (same father) who I've never met.

I have a half sister who looks, sounds and acts like Vicky Pollard. I don't tend to own up to her, either

EvesMama Sat 20-Aug-05 22:19:28

i have brother who will fall out with me at the drop of a hat!..he has ds and a dd whom we see nothing off

mummylonglegs Sat 20-Aug-05 22:20:42

Ooh, hello cc!

I've got loads. My mum was my dad's 4th marriage. His first family were killed in the war, 2nd family had some kids and were based in Belgium, 3rd family are here in the UK and I once only met my half-sister from that family at my dad's funeral. But her kids are almost my age really and I recently found out that one of them is at university down the road from me in London!

joash Sat 20-Aug-05 22:21:45

Perhaps I should have added that my elder sister and me have the same dad, the others all have different dads (all same mum though). We all grew up in same house, it's only as adults that I made the choice not to have any contact with them (that included my mother).

BadHair Sat 20-Aug-05 22:45:44

I don't have any siblings, but I do have a cousin that I grew up with, and I now have no contact with. Neither do the rest of the family, including her parents. Her dad is my dad's brother, and they don't speak. My dad doesn't speak to his other brother, either, who happens to be the first brother's twin. Still with me?
I think it's all very sad, especially as it was all due to a petty squabble, and I just hope that my dses don't end up like that. I'll knock their heads together if they do - life's too short.

mogwai Sat 20-Aug-05 23:04:56

exactly HOW bad is your hair???

waterfalls Sat 20-Aug-05 23:07:54

I have 3 half sisters I have never met and 3 I have not seen for 16 yrs, and 2 half brothers I have never met.

jayzmummy Sat 20-Aug-05 23:28:26

I posted about this subject the other night.

I have a sister who is 60+ and have only ever seen her a couple of times in my life....she lives abroad somewhere but noone in the family knows where!

My next sister is 54 and I havent seen her since my fathers funeral 10 years ago. I was extremely close to her when I was very small.She left home when I was about 5 and I never saw her again until I was in my teens. I remember that I missed her an awful lot when she left and again felt desperate when she disappeared out of my life again.
I am in the process of trying to "find" her as I have a feeling I need to gain contact with her. I think I may have located her and currently I am in the process of drafting a letter to say hello...I miss you etc.

I have a brother who is 50 and I havent seen him for a few years now....he parted with his wife and as she had been in my life since I was a baby, I just couldnt shut her out simply because he had fallen out of love with her. He disapproves of the relationship I have with his ex and his new partner is against him having any contact with me

Ive got two younger sisters....one I adore and speak to everyday via MSN or the telephone...she lives 200 miles away and I miss her lots. My youngest sister I dont like, so through choice we do not talk.

My dad was the one who kept us all together. Since his death we have all fallen apart. My mother doesnt have a maternal bone in her body and as long as she is OK she doesnt give a hoot about anyone else. Her golf clubs receive more attention than any of her children

steffee Sat 20-Aug-05 23:29:00

I have one sister with the same parents as me, and I'm pretty sure there aren't any others. My ds1 however, has a half-brother only a couple of months younger than him that he never see's and I have sleepless nights about it but they're not likely to meet as his mum and I hated each other (we were both unknowingly in a serious relationship with the same bloke).

golds Sat 20-Aug-05 23:34:43

I have a older brother, who I am in contact with, but don't see very often as he lives in Canada. I have a older sister who lives 1 mile round the corner who I wish I didn't see, she doesn't bother with me and only gets in contact if she wants something. Having her so close, makes me feel like running in the opposite direction

starshaker Sat 20-Aug-05 23:35:04

i have a large family there are 8 of us
2 sisters i get on well with
1 sister who bugs me so much
1 sister i very rarely see but ok with her when i do
1 sister that i used to get on with but while pg she phones sil and said starshaker has been trying to phone me a few times and im bored of it im just gonna ignore her (she doesnt even know alana exists)
1 brother im ok with
1 brother who i got put in prison (best thing i ever did and that was 11 years ago)

lemonice Sun 21-Aug-05 00:18:22

I have a younger brother I want to find, it was his birthday on Wednesday...I also feel sad for my dgs who is 16 months and has a half brother of 2.5 that he doesn't see/ know...

jampots Sun 21-Aug-05 00:21:29

be careful what you're saying on here lemonice

MamaMaiasaura Sun 21-Aug-05 00:26:22

someone for me to call jampots

jayzmummy Sun 21-Aug-05 00:27:31

Oh No!! I feel like Ive been here before!!!

jampots Sun 21-Aug-05 00:28:37

jayzmummy Sun 21-Aug-05 00:29:58

I can smell a funny smell...its a bit like eggs

DH is cooking an egg and bacon buttie

MamaMaiasaura Sun 21-Aug-05 00:36:43

- every time dp lets one out i think there is a gas leak..

And there is

MamaMaiasaura Sun 21-Aug-05 00:37:14

she hasnt poottled off to bed again has she?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: