Talk

Advanced search

Info on redundancy 'procedure'

(2 Posts)
HarlotOTara Sun 09-Aug-09 14:12:59

I have worked for a small charity for 6 years and received a redundancy letter stating my last working day is August 30th. I was given 6 weeks notice which the trustees say is appropriate. I am also entitled to redundancy payment but have not received a letter about this yet - the original letter states that I would. The trustees are on holiday and won't be returning until 16th August, I am on holiday from 21st August (booked before this was known about so will not be around for my last working week). Can anyone advise about what is supposed to happen? The trustee I spoke to said that he thought that I could claim unpaid redundancy from the government - I don't know if this is the case - as there was some concern redundancy couldn't be paid. He said he was not sure about employment law.

The charity's trustees have not acted as they should in many ways but that is a different story and there may be a complaint to the charities commission. Can anyone advise me or tell me where to look for more info.? I have been away on holiday (again booked before I knew about all this) so realise it is short notice.

Thanks in advance

LeninGrad Sun 09-Aug-09 23:04:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now