Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Redundancy Support Thread

(5 Posts)
JontyDoggle37 Sun 13-Aug-17 21:14:59

So, was made redundant a week ago, only been there a year, so just getting notice pay (3 months) but no pay for time served.
Went on a pre-planned holiday the day I got the news, so just back and ready to start addressing it all tomorrow. Thought I would start a thread to chart my progress, andto give anyone else dealing with redundancy a place to join in too.
I'm very clear that my next job must be better for my mental and physical health, with more supportive management. I also know that while I'm searching for work, my mental health and confidence are going to need some help and attention - it's too easy to feel down and lose confidence. So, this is my start. I'll update tomorrow with my plans for Day 1. Hope anyone else facing redundancy, or who has been made redundant, will join in and help cheer each other on.

JontyDoggle37 Mon 14-Aug-17 08:47:04

Morning! Day 1 plans are:
Finish holiday unpacking and get the house 'straight' - I always feel better in myself when the house feels tidy and calm
Go for a run and do some stretching (I want to lose some weight, so this will help with confidence and also exercise is always good for my mental health)
Do some job searching online and come up with an initial list that I can find out more info about and prioritise which ones I apply for

orangewasp Mon 14-Aug-17 09:19:32

Just wanted to say OP that I was made redundant a couple of years ago,
it took a while but I am now in a job that I really enjoy. I've lost weight, made new friends and taken up new hobbies. It really was the best thing that could've happened to me - good luck!

Nanglo789 Mon 02-Oct-17 12:18:38

Hi JontyDoggle37
How is it going for you.

I have been told that I my job is at risk and will be made redundant in next couple of weeks - no news so far while I sit & wait. I cannot look for another job yet as I am unsure when i will finish here and may lose my redundancy pay.

While I am still here, they are giving my work to someone else to do, it will eventually phase out but they shouldn't be getting someone else to do my work behind my back.

I am stuck and don't know what to do anymore - I sit at work looking at my screen all day. I hate this situation and feel so stressed and angry.

Cakeoftheday1 Mon 09-Oct-17 01:21:48

Suggest prepare update your CV And LinkedIn profile and use all your current contacts to look for new job roles. If you are able do some courses that will benefit your next job role

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now