Talk

Advanced search

Working From Home

(8 Posts)
MaxiRumbles Thu 07-Apr-16 08:04:26

Hello there.

I have got an inkling that my company might be on the verge of closing down and I will therefore be made redundant - oh poo !!!

I have got a nice little set-up at the moment whereby I work from home and my 18 month old goes to nursery part-time and then plays around my ankles for the rest of the week - it actually works really well.

Until ... dah dah dah - the dreaded redundancy grin/

I keep reading all these 'helpful' e-mails about working from home - things like transcription, proof-reading, etc, where I am thinking you can probably do as much, or as little, as you like - obviously in my case I would have to be working as much as possible. Anyway, does anyone know where I would find this work ?? I have found a couple of websites that seem to upload tasks and then you accept the work you would like and go from there. However, they all seem to be asking for registration fees, which I am obviously a bit dubious about paying out. Can anyone help or recommend where I can go for this illusive work ??

Thank you in advance.

M

MaybeDoctor Thu 07-Apr-16 08:16:40

Go on the freelancers section for some ideas. Also 'the money shed' website is good.

The only thing is that they do get more demanding with the terrible twos etc, so her playing around your feet while you work might not last...smile

MaxiRumbles Thu 07-Apr-16 08:38:00

Thank you - I will have a look.

I'm going to worry about the 'terrible twos' when I get to them as I really don't have much choice at the moment !!!

smile

MaybeDoctor Thu 07-Apr-16 14:16:42

If she is already in nursery you can always up her sessions a bit...

MaxiRumbles Thu 07-Apr-16 17:27:32

Yes, I don't mind doing that but it all costs - I will have to take her out if anything.

drspouse Thu 07-Apr-16 17:38:15

With my two DCs - 18 months - pottering and showing you things and wanting to climb up occasionally.

By 2 - or when talking - OK playing on their own but you have to comment on it most of the time.

By 3 - wanting you to play WITH them. It's lovely they want to be sociable. But.

MaxiRumbles Thu 07-Apr-16 19:43:39

So any more tips on websites for working from home then?? Thanks in advance!! smile

MaybeDoctor Fri 08-Apr-16 07:43:45

There is a mumsnetter called ChammyIRL who has a blog about this.
Also Look at 'Save the student' and 'From Aldi to Harrods'.

I have similar plans at the moment so pm me if you like!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now